Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+3
POPPY!
umeya
Carlo
7 posters

Trivia Night

Carlo

Trivia Night Empty Trivia Night

Post  Carlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:16 am

At today's meeting (which had rather sloppy attendance!) we more or less decided to go ahead with the Trivia Night idea in which a student trivia night would be held in the back half of this term.
    In order to make this possible we need to confirm a few details as soon as possible (definitely by next week) and so this post is for you all to reply to with your ideas.

We need to confirm:
    • A date and time (We think about 6-8pm. We need to take into consideration travel arrangements and other impacts of the time of day, and how this influences numbers). The date may be on a P&C meeting night like our other functions but we'll see what happens - for now, later half of Term 3
    • Expected number of people and how this means we should organise teams (Number of teams and number of people in each team)
    • Organisation of these teams (Teams have names, dress in individual themes? Or a theme for the entire trivia night? Restriction on number of students from senior years? i.e. How are these teams put together and what must they do?)
    • Number of rounds, the categories of these rounds, number of questions per round, any other activities held between rounds (eg heads or tails games etc)
    • A time management plan so these rounds are fit into the night
    • A plan of the hall and where/how tables and other things will be set up
    • What prizes should be available and where we will get them from
    • Logistics for the night - get back into committees? What sort of catering? What else do we sell on the night? What roles are there for SRC members to fill?
    • Entry/booking fee/ other prices?
    The executive will try and find a date for this event as more organisation gets done. Umeya and I will contact P&C to find out how their parent trivia night works. But it's important that we get your ideas so we have a starting point! Please reply!

Thank you! - Carlo
    umeya

Trivia Night Empty response

Post  umeya Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:27 am

Yes Carlo,

I will get right onto finding out how thier trivia nights go

firstly, i think that 6-8pm is a little to late for trivia

i think keeping it closer to the time school ends will be more practical and the number of people involved will be greater

secondly, there are hardly any P&C meetings as fort street fest wis now over. but i will speak to my mum to speak to the executive of the p&c to provide insight

thirdly, prizes will attract people, so maybe we can sort that out - i have no ideas for trivia night prizes except for wine and food basket things

fourthly, will registration of teams be through school or on the night

fifthly, is it purely a 'foritan pride' type event or will we try and raise money for the school/charity??

sixthly, sorry for your loss Carlo on monday by the way- i hear it was a good debate though and you guys should have won Smile

seventhly, good luck for your exam tomorrow by the way [also directed at Carlo]

furthermore, if there is anything else i can do, please let me know

cheerio
    POPPY!

Trivia Night Empty Re: Trivia Night

Post  POPPY! Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 am

i agree, i think we should have the trivia night earlier, like maybe around 5.30-7.30 or something so people who live far away can stick around after school.

also i think teams should be made at school. maybe people could book a table and be given a theme. we could have a theme running the whole night then each table is given a theme to fit into the BIG theme (hopefully that made some sense)

without prizes theres no real incentive to attend the trivia night. we could make the prize something like tickets to luna park or giftcards or something.

koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 am

Sounds good.g

We should have it around 5 - 7 so people who live far away can stay back etc.

Some Suggestions:
    - Each table submits a theme earlier and we make 3 or so questions on it along with the other questions
    - A Table should seat 7 people or something less than 9 but more than 4
    - Each table should cost in the vicinity of $5 - $15
    - I Make the questions/host the night with another person (Romaan)
    - We give prizes out such as; Giftcards, Money or even Concert Tickets (Bon Jovi are touring later this year...)
    - We have around 15 - 20 tables so as to not crowd the whole event with a first in best dressed policy in terms of bookings
    - A food/drink break should be set in the middle with Cordial, Chips, etc.

Hopefully it's a good night.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:13 am

How are we supposed to get concert tickets or gift vouchers for prizes unless we buy them ourselves? And if we do that we have to hope we make enough money to cover it.

Are we going to have separate 'junior' and 'senior' trivia nights? If we didn't then the older kids would probably take over, but we could have questions that don't rely on knowledge gathered from school, eg movie trivia or something. Maybe pokemon trivia...

It could be just a junior school event, sorta like the year 7/8 dance so that we can get to know each other some more. Also I'm not so sure that year 11s/12s would want to go to a trivia night.

Also also, should we allow students to choose their teams, or should we mix it up?
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 am

Let them choose, no one will want to go with strangers.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 am

heya guys, sorry for not turning up on monday but i had regional athletics. can you please run me through with this trivia thing because this is the first time ive heard of it. also, who are you koolkat? thanksss
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 am

I am Romaan!
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 am

nice picture...

so what is this trivia night?!
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:58 am

'tis. I shopped it myself.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:53 am

My update on this:

Time seems to be confirmed for around 5-7pm. Date to be confirmed with Ms Moxham for availability of hall etc.

As an SRC we need to figure out the theme for the night (or if tables are allowed individual themes). I personally prefer the overall theme thing but we'll discuss it. Dressing up is encouraged! Another thing to discuss is the numbers of senior students allowed per team and the composition of teams. There will be a limit on number of students allowed but this event should be open to the whole school - there won't be separate senior or junior ones.

Next meeting we need to get into committees to organise various things:
    • Questions/activities committee will figure out how many questions and rounds there will be and any other activities that may happen between rounds, writing up a full time plan of the night. They will decide on the themes for the rounds and probably write the questions as well - NOTE: these questions will be screened by Ms Moxham or someone so don't think you can get away with putting anything inappropriate in!
    • Prizes committee will organise the number of prizes and what the prizes should be; together with James they'll try and get prizes donated (preferably) or purchase them but MAKE SURE nothing is purchased without approval from James - we have to figure out how to balance our expenditure with income.
    • Logistics committee will figure out how many teams there are and the number of people per team, as well as how these teams can register, including the price for registration. (Registration will be done prior to the night, with teams submitting forms and paying for the night, probably at the front office). As Romaan said, first in best dressed with registration.

Closer to the night we'll also figure out:
    • What else can be sold, such as our usual drinks, gelato, jelly, etc.
    • A roster for the different posts such as selling these things, marking answers, etc.
    • A floor plan of the hall so we know where all the tables and stalls are - tables will be numbered.
    • Publicity for the event.

If we can figure out as many details as we can before the next meeting that would be great! Encourage more people to reply to this thread!

Carlo
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:00 am

Cooligans, I am in for Question/Activities Committee. cheers
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 am

Sure, that's cool. And also I reckon you should be the question master seeing as you asked me first and I think you'd be good at it. Very Happy
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:23 am

Cool.
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 am

I love Poppy's idea of the World theme. I agree that when the team signs up they are allocated a country to represent/dress as. That way we don't have people dressing up as the same country, and that's a relatively easy theme to follow.

Regarding food, I think leave out gelato and jelly because it'll become a pain. I think just have cakes, drinks and maybe sausages, soup and things like that in an intermission. That way people won't be walking in and out during the questions and we don't have to worry about cleaning food off the ground.

For the questions I think we need all the basic categories - history, geography, sport, music, pop culture, politics(?),etc. The questions can't really be based on things you're taught at school because obviously year 7 students wouldn't be able to answer something in the year 10 syllabus, but if the whole night was year 7 subjects that wouldn't be challenging enough.

I still think the prize should be an SRC member of your choice for the night. Or a kiss from your favourite SRC member. Something like that, it's fun, but doesn't cost money, what could be better?

Also, I think this is great > pig
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 am

Harriet wrote:I love Poppy's idea of the World theme. I agree that when the team signs up they are allocated a country to represent/dress as. That way we don't have people dressing up as the same country, and that's a relatively easy theme to follow.

Regarding food, I think leave out gelato and jelly because it'll become a pain. I think just have cakes, drinks and maybe sausages, soup and things like that in an intermission. That way people won't be walking in and out during the questions and we don't have to worry about cleaning food off the ground.

For the questions I think we need all the basic categories - history, geography, sport, music, pop culture, politics(?),etc. The questions can't really be based on things you're taught at school because obviously year 7 students wouldn't be able to answer something in the year 10 syllabus, but if the whole night was year 7 subjects that wouldn't be challenging enough.

I still think the prize should be an SRC member of your choice for the night. Or a kiss from your favourite SRC member. Something like that, it's fun, but doesn't cost money, what could be better?

Also, I think this is great > pig

Idea is as good as my avatar. What a Face
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:37 am

Since the committees have been formed (I don't have the lists, Jess does, and I have to wait for her to post them up here) could you try and find other members of your committee and discuss the various aspects listed above? This needs to be done asap!
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Logistics
    Carol
    Rebbecca
    Chris
    Angela
    Joel
    Katie
    Esther

Questions
    Mickey
    Jaemin
    Harriet
    Romaan
    Poppy
    Yuna
    Aliasgher
    Leya
    Kal
    Jacob

Prizes
    Hannah
    Charmaine
    Jerome
    Alex
    Jennifer

These committees need to meet up/discuss the things listed above, during the meeting tomorrow and over the next week!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am