Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+9
hannah harmelin
kalculator
Leya Reid
koolkat
Jacob
Aliasgher
Carlo
yunalee
Harriet
13 posters

For questions commitee members.

hannah harmelin

For questions commitee members. - Page 3 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:39 am

Whoops.
    Well either way I can't remember anything about it.

Also, Lydia is the sister who elopes with Mr Wickham in Pride and Prejudice.
    Aliasgher

For questions commitee members. - Page 3 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  Aliasgher Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:45 am

hannah harmelin wrote:Whoops.
    Well either way I can't remember anything about it.

Also, Lydia is the sister who elopes with Mr Wickham in Pride and Prejudice.

Thanks Smile
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:07 am

Ok questions committee, let's assemble Friday lunch time in the library?
    That gives us all enough time to check the forum and find out about this etc.

Aliasgher, that literature round is amazing, you're a genius.

Regarding the 50 states thing, how about rather than 1 point per state, we have a bonus points for the team that names the most, and maybe second and third prizes too. And then I agree, samurai sudoku from the good weekend or spectrum or whatever would be great, and your team gets points if they finish it.

Man just a thought, how fun would a languages round be!
    2 questions from each language taught at Fort Street!
    5 points if you can say hello in each language taught or something.
    Yeah, just a thought.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:38 am

i think that'll be pretty mad harriet.

famous faces all the way. how many famous faces though on the sheet? 20? 10 women 10 men?

audrey hepburn, marilyn monroe, elvis presley, and some more sports stars, politicians, celebrity babies?, singers.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 am

We have to have at least one harry potter question in the pop culture subject. Maybe what is the last sentence in the Harry Potter sequel? The answer's "All was well." by the way.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:59 am

Leya Reid wrote:We have to have at least one harry potter question in the pop culture subject. Maybe what is the last sentence in the Harry Potter sequel? The answer's "All was well." by the way.

We've got a Harry Potter question in Literature but I guess the more the better...
    That question would kinda come under Literature though not Pop Culture but then again it could fit under that too Razz
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:28 am

Shoud I do a general knowledge round?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 am

Of course, general knowledge rounds are the best. Very Happy
    This committee is on fire - keep up the terrific work!
    kalculator

Post  kalculator Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:45 am

Yeah I agree! Could someone copy all the questions we've got so far down and print them off. We'll run through them and edit/add more on Friday. Should be a party.
    umeya

Post  umeya Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 am

hey guys

sorrry to interject

i have heaps of questions on literature as well- should i give them to you harriet- tomorrow at roll call perhaps?

alrighties

i am cool to help if required!

oh also if you want good history quotes on the fort there are heaps of vertical files within the library to base questions i.e. school colours of girls school on observatory hill...etc ( you need to get them before friday- because of stocktake)
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 am

DON'T FORGET!! meeting tomorrow at lunch??
    I've printed the questions out and I've got the answers to pop culture and Literature[b]
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 am

yep, see you in the library.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:57 am

Be there or be square.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:12 am

I didn't hear about this. What's happening tomorrow at lunch?
    kalculator

Post  kalculator Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 am

@Leya
    We are meeting up in the library at lunch tomorrow just to make sure we've got this down.
    Is that right?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 am

Hey,

Could someone from this committee post what happened at the meeting/anything you decided on? Thanks.

Carlo
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 am

We have pretty much done everything, except get a Samurai Sudoku.

Questions - check
    Famous Faces - check
    Games - Check.

Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:37 am

Countries for each table as well check

well mostly Razz
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 am

Sorry I couldn't come to the meeting, Ms dadour had me for lunch. But I hope you got my comments from Romaan. And if there's anything I can do, I'll be happy to help.
    I can get a Sumarai Suduko if it's needed.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 am

so basically we just went through and finalised all the questions too make sure none were too easy nor too hard. We then discussed the activities happening in between and samurai sudoku can be done the whole night. We figured out which famous faces are on there and talked about how cool our committee was. yeah.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:42 pm

For the sudoku, what type of level are we aiming at? Do we want people to actually complete it? Because hard ones take quite a while to finish. We could choose a relatively easy one and I'll do it and see how long it takes me.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Just wondering, have we decided on how many points the famous fames and sudoku are worth?
    I completed a sumarai sudoku. It was really easy but the fact that there's so many squares makes it time consumnig. It took me around 45-60 minutes.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Leya Reid wrote:Just wondering, have we decided on how many points the famous fames and sudoku are worth?
    I completed a sumarai sudoku. It was really easy but the fact that there's so many squares makes it time consumnig. It took me around 45-60 minutes.
    20 Famous Faces - 1 point each

Samurai Sudoku - 15 points - No points if not done.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:03 am

leya, every team has the whole night to finish samurai sudoku so i think they'll have plenty of time if a few work on that.

it should be challenging, not expertish but not beginners. intermidiate is it?
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 am

also, we need a person who is willing to make a powerpoint to write the questions up and i was thinking we should have a whiteboard to write down all the results for each team. id love to be one of the markers and write down the results on the board.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am