Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+9
hannah harmelin
kalculator
Leya Reid
koolkat
Jacob
Aliasgher
Carlo
yunalee
Harriet
13 posters

For questions commitee members.

Aliasgher

For questions commitee members. - Page 4 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  Aliasgher Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 am

yunalee wrote:also, we need a person who is willing to make a powerpoint to write the questions up and i was thinking we should have a whiteboard to write down all the results for each team. id love to be one of the markers and write down the results on the board.

we were thinking of maybe having an excel spreadsheet or something and put that up after every round with the scores
    hannah harmelin

For questions commitee members. - Page 4 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:15 am

oh, it was on the logistics thing, but i can make the powerpoint

but romaan said he would send me the questions and how many points for each and he hasn't yet
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 am

I think Yuna's just bagsed herself the scoreboard publisher
    Whether that's on an actual whiteboard or on the projected screen is a separate issue
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:18 am

ALSO OMG TODAY WE JUST BROKE THE RECORD FOR MOST NUMBER OF USERS ON AT ONCE
    SIX!!!
    WOOT!
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:19 am

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

romaan, can you please send me all the famous faces people we were thinking of doing on facebook or something.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 am

Oh yeah. Just had a thought.

Anyone can read anything that's on the forum, including non-SRC members.
    I doubt any non-SRC people would have any interest in reading our posts but just bear in mind that any member of the public can read all of the questions, answers and suggestions you've put up. Just a heads up - you might want to copy them to somewhere confidential and then delete the posts?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 am

can we do that?

or is it only clinton/pagani?
    who can delete stuff i mean
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 am

Hate to say this but if we can only get 6 SRC members, then I really doubt anyone else is going to pay us a visit.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 am

Can't you edit your post and delete the text?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:57 am

No you can't. Oops.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:10 am

Okay, I got the list of the questions (thankyou Romaan) but I need to clear up some stuff:

Do I put the number of marks available next to the question? (I don't think I should because for some of the questions it could give away the answer)

Are we going to be telling people the answer- in between rounds or afterwards or anything? And if we are should I put this into the powerpoint or are we just going to say it?

Does anyone have any preferences for colour schemes or anything? So I can just make it whatever I want (something pretty plain anyway).

Huge thanks to Romaan again Very Happy
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 am

I think it's important that people know how many points they can get from a question. If it gives away the answer, then you should probably change the question, or make the whole set of answers worth one point - but I think people should know how many points.

I think that we should tell people answers to all questions after the conclusion of the round following. For example, the answers to round one would be read between rounds two and three, by which point all of the answers to round one should have been marked.

I'll try and meet up with this committee at some point so that we can put things together.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 am

I think the answers should be told between the rounds, but not put on the powerpoint, in case we accidently press it too early and then it stuffs up the whole round. And I don't think the points should be put in.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 am

I agree with Leya about not putting on powerpoint but instead reading them out.

I disagree about the points stuff, as I said.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:07 am

okay...

well I've started making the powerpoint.
    is it okay with everyone if I put some irrelevant pictures next to questions? eg right now I have a picture of Tiger woods next to a question about the Brownlow medal...

someone should hurry up and make an executive decision about showing the marks. (i.e. not me)
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 am

hannah harmelin wrote:okay...

is it okay with everyone if I put some irrelevant pictures next to questions? eg right now I have a picture of Tiger woods next to a question about the Brownlow medal...

someone should hurry up and make an executive decision about showing the marks. (i.e. not me)
    Don't show them.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 am

koolkat wrote:
    hannah harmelin wrote:okay...

Don't show them.
    no show them
    As carlo said, its better if people know how many marks they are able to get so they go into that much detail according to the points... if that makes sense
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:04 am

Well, this really doesn't help me at all.

Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:12 am

I just think it's unfair to potentially be awarding points for things people didn't know could be awarded points... If people know exactly how many points a question is worth, they'll know how much detail to provide, like Ali said.

Kind of like a maths test. There has to be some logical marking scheme because if you had to list five names or something, people should know whether that's five points or one point. If it's only worth one point, people might not even attempt the question because they know they can't get the full mark. Reasons like that...
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 am

But if people don't know the answer they can put something funny, we might give marks for that. So that way people attempt every question.

Anyway, I've finished the powerpoint (every question with a picture)
    but I haven't put the possible marks. Yet.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 am

hannah harmelin wrote:But if people don't know the answer they can put something funny, we might give marks for that. So that way people attempt every question.

Anyway, I've finished the powerpoint (every question with a picture)
    but I haven't put the possible marks. Yet.
    Hey do you mind sending it to me?

rdulloo_96@hotmail.com

Tanks.
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 am

I reaaaaaaally feel strongly against awarding points for funny answers.
    It's totally cheating.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 am

Harriet wrote:I reaaaaaaally feel strongly against awarding points for funny answers.
    It's totally cheating.

I also feel it's wrong but if they are witty enough then maybe. Wink
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:04 am

we don't have to tell people that we actually won't give points for funny answers, we can just say that so people attempt the questions rather than giving up
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:32 am

guys guys, im doing the famous faces and i have swapped dakota fanning for yoko ono.

i think the famous faces might be too easy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm