Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+10
Jess-tacy
Kayla :)
Jaymin
veronicaa
jennny zhao :)
yunalee
fruitlooops
Vish
crystal
Carlo
14 posters

Food Committee for Trivia Night

Carlo

Food Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Committee for Trivia Night

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 am

I think we should see what we can do with what we've got first before we go and ask parents... Asking parents is a long and complicated process which is overly reliant on very nice people - SARN were trying the same thing for their multicultural day. If worst comes to worst we might resort to that but I think we're capable of running a sausage sizzle.
    Joel
    Joel

Food Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Committee for Trivia Night

Post  Joel Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 am

sorry to but in on the sausage sizzle idea but what happened to mi goreng? I'm sure if we advertised this (Tomorrow) it could persuade some more people to come

Food Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Sausage sizzle

Post  Kayla :) Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 am

Mmmm, the meal deal sounds good. Smile
    So we have four tables consisting of 8 people and say, 6 out of the 8 buy a meal deal because people will probably share food. So, roughly 50 of each?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 am

Good point! Are we all for Mi Goreng? Because if we're going to do it (and even the sausage sizzle!) then it's better to publicise it!

Food Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Mi goreng

Post  Kayla :) Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 am

Mmm, I think that's a great idea.
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:26 pm

we need a definite answer before we publicize today. I'm all for it though
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 pm

yeah i reckon that would work
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 am

Just a note guys, from past experience I think the fridge in the common room isn't quite cold enough, but the Fortian kitchen fridge is fine. It might have been fixed but I remember for the Christmas dance, some of the jelly was still liquid...
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 am

woah thats good thing you said that
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 am

Yes Hannah, I was thinking of that too - that's why I was planning to have the jelly put in the Fortian Room fridge because that should work better and also it will make access to more jelly easy. I'll see if we can use it.

Although, I have also been reassured that the Staff Common Room fridge is (apparently) fixed, but it's better to be safe than sorry. And the Fortian Room one is just more convenient.
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:09 pm

All we have to do is ask Mr O for the keys in the morning.
    Also, who will be purchasing and bringing the drinks to school. it would be pagani normally, but will it be different this year?
    Vish

Post  Vish Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Im pretty sure is Mr Pagani because I read it somewhere in the forum
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 pm

I've sent an email to Mr Pagani asking if he can do it, and I haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll ask him on Monday if I don't get a reply by then.

Also we need to decide this really really really quickly! As in, by Monday! As in, before Monday. What exactly are we selling on the night? So far we've decided for certain on:

Jelly
    Cupcakes
    Mi Goreng
    Soft Drinks

And we're still tossing up:
    Sausage sizzle
    Mini sausage rolls/pies
    Chips

And we will also be putting small bowls of goodies on each table.
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 am

i think we don't need anymore food. Its only for 2 hrs or so. I don't think that the people will require more then cupcakes,jelly, drinks, lollies and mi goreng. It might be more cost efficient to stick to this and making things like sausage sizzle and mini pies requires constant attention. Just my opinion
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:21 pm

I agree with Joel, there aren't even that many people coming.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Cool, I agree too. Let's keep it to that then. Jelly, cupcakes, Mi Goreng and drinks. And the stuff on the tables.

So. Jelly and some cupcakes are being made at school on the day; other cupcakes are being made at home and being brought (only Vid offered to do this, but really, every Year 7 and 8 person who is not in the Food Committee should be doing this!). As for Mi Goreng, we have to think about how much of it we should be selling - we have 9 tables plus SRC members, although obviously all will not buy it. I know Charmaine was volunteering to prepare it, does that mean you'll also buy it? Except she probably won't read this until too late because she has the School Certificate, oh well.

Drinks I'll ask Mr Pagani about, and maybe even the lollies/chips on the tables.
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm going GROCERY SHOPPING in a few hours, do you want me to pick up anything? Lollies/chips etc
    charizard

Post  charizard Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 pm

HI! I totes read the forum Carlo Smile how much do you think we'll need? there's going to
    be lots of food. aren't we putting little treats on each table as well? do you reckon we should still go for migoreng? it hasn't really been publicized as much as the other foods have. but if you wanna go ahead with it, I can go buy some for sure! and cos I'm Asian I can get it for super cheap Smile (probs/not actually) just let me know? will i be expected to get bowls and forks as well? also, I'm a runner for the night so maybs I can switch with someone.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 am

Good point Charmaine, if you can buy Mi Goreng that'd be great. I don't know how much to get though, it depends on how many people want it. Don't worry about publicity of it too much - we can let people know this week leading up. Yes we're putting little treats on each table - these will be lollies and/or chips.

And Katie it's probably too late now... so don't worry. Thanks anyway.
    Vish

Post  Vish Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:45 am

Umm, how many teams do we have in total so far? Well i guess its finalised so yeah
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

We have 9.
    Vish

Post  Vish Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:53 am

Woah thats more than I expected. It looked like trivia night was going to be a disaster. Also I would like to add that some people are coming for the Sausage Sizzle more than the actual night. So maybe we should have a Sausage Sizzle. I dont know thats what I think.
    Vish,
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 am

Oh. Uh... Hmm. We were kind of... not going to do it. Alright, this is something we need to urgently discuss tomorrow.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 am

i think the sausage sizzle is a dumb idea. i mean yes people might be hungry on the night and would want some proper food but it is so inconvenient for us and it might get messy and it would be a huge distraction.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:19 am

URGENT - FOOD COMMITTEE

We are going to be preparing the jelly TOMORROW (Thursday) at LUNCH in the Staff Common Room so that we definitely do not take any risks with jelly not setting on time. Sorry to those who had hoped to get out of class - I'll update you further when you get to the Staff Common Room. Please pass this message on so that everyone in the committee knows!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm