Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+5
umeya
JameS
Michael
Jess-tacy
Jaymin
9 posters

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive

Jaymin
    Jaymin

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive

Post  Jaymin Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey guys,

I heard from MT (as you all would've) that the Valentines Rose Drive and Year 7&8 Dance is being held in early-to-mid-February. Shocked

Just wondering if anyone from the Executive would be so kind as to enlighten us with a bit more info? As in what we have to prepare for, and if there's anything we can prepare or arrange now or early-on, just to tackle some time management problems. study

I think that getting everyone informed before the First Term starts might be a tad more effective than trying to arrange everything impromptu-fashion on our first meeting, and then getting busted by Paggles for not being organised like the SRC should, yada yada yada. lol!

Cheers guys

Jaemin Surprised
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Re: Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive

Post  Jess-tacy Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm

I HATE FACEBOOK CHAT. do not use facebook chat when you are trying to post something here, becasue it ruins EVERYTHING. well, not really, i'd written a whole post about what to do but now it's all gone.. GONE FOREVER.. :'(

anyways, if you're reading this, i justw ant you to know that you are FABTASTIC. Good job on using the forum.

Jaemin- i haven't spoken to the excut. about SRC stuff but as far as i know, nothing is happening. I'll be going away this sunday and i won't be back till a week after school starts.

I've written a dance manual ( yes i as that bored) that i think will be useful, and hopefully you guys will use it. It was written for the xmas dance but most of it applies to the welcome dance as well. By the time i'm back, you guys should have the details for the welcome dance all set ( time, date, theme?) etc. And by then, you should have a good idea about what you will be providing at the dance ( glow sticks, drinks, food ) and your music choices.

The one thing you need to remember about the welcome dance is that it is for year 7s and 8s, so that's who you should be publicising to. By al;l means make daily announcements, but the dance will be much more sucessful if we attend their year meetings and talk to the year 11 peer support leaders. It would be great if they could talk about the dance with the year 7s during their fortunae lessons.

I'll be posting the manual up soon..

So, Valentine Rose drive.. that means one thing for you guys!
    CUTTING OUT RED ( or maybe pink) CARDBOARD HEARTS!
    it'll be great if someone could get a stack of red cardboard from a cheap newsagency ( Sammi- i rememebr you could get them for 70c/sheet).
    When you feel bored during the holidays, you should cut out some standard size hearst ( use last years cards for templates) If you do, i'll give you lollies, i promise! Try to squeeze as much in as possible. Also hole punch them in the top left hand corner.

I hope you're all enjoying your holidays, stay safe!

<3
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Re: Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive

Post  Jaymin Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 am

oh goodness,

the pink/red hearts are here again Neutral

i'm guessing we're gonna have to be dethorning roses as well? Sad
    or is it possible to get pre-dethorned roses?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:48 am

it is possible to get dethorned roses but you nede to check if they are less than $2 a rose if u r planning to sell them at $2. We didn't go with the supplier that Sanjay's year went with as they were charging us $2.20~$2.80 a rose and so had to resort to mid quality $1.50 a rose. If you have not found a supplier yet I could try and contact last year's supplier for you but you will let me know me for my assessments pile up...

It would be highly appreciated if everyone donates like a piece of cardboard and cut it out. As it is only about 80 cents for one. It doesn't have to be thick as long as you can write on it then that's good.

also JAMES YOO! you will need to organise the float for selling rose first day of school. If Ms Levy can't get it then try and go to bank to get it. If you can't then I will be your last resort but I will need to be paid back later for the float I got.
    JameS

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Floats

Post  JameS Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 am

Dw i will organise floats by myslef so yeh. it will be troublesome for Ms levy.
    Anyways the first day????
    do u think anyone will bring money let alone know about it.
    I suggest second day.
    about the organisation for the valentines day drive we are not that organised but i will organise floats for it.
    We will write up a roster for dethorning and days leading up to the Valentines day so dun worry bout that.
    Also we should set prices of the roses soon so we can publice it the day we get back.
    Cheers.
    Everyone happy holz
    umeya

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Re: starting the rose drive

Post  umeya Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 pm

hey guys,

maybe we could do i cnat remember whose idea it was to get a special hole punch so we can distinguish who has paid or not??

if everyone cuts out as many hearts as they can by the first Src Meeting we can cut some more etc or reserve the rest....

Illl buy the special hole punch???....

ALso im up for making the roster for selling the roses but i just need a list of the people in the SRC...
    if anyone has it can they email me... umeya.chaudhuri@gmail.com

thank you!!!

also what date would the year 7/8 dance be???

this way the peer supposrt leaders can talk about it ...good idea by the way.. i think it was jess. but yes!
    umeya

Post  umeya Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:20 pm

also happy holidays Smile,

cheers

umeya
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 am

james you dont need to bring the money on the first day of school. If you are organising it with Ms levy u need to see first day back to make it quick but since you are doing it urself so it doesn't matter.

Good luck guys. I will try my best to help out when I can. Been bludging like crazy and got so many assessments coming up. Don't ever be like me Fortians 2011
    estarkim0

Post  estarkim0 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm

hey, im new to SRC and i havent been part of this valentines drive before
    but i guess ill be getting a goodd idea next meeting Smile
    oh and was ms moxham always alright with people delivering roses to dress up?
    seems heaps interesting
    wooop im excitedddd bounce
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:45 am

i am sure ms moxham is fine with people dressing up but needs to be appropriate clothing not like guys shirtless wearing boxes running around like idiots.
    Olgasaurus

Post  Olgasaurus Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Lol! Because you know, it's not like that's ever happened before... tongue

I think the special hole punch idea is pretty good; loads of people (especially in the SRC) got roses without paying for them last year. As much as you want your free roses, that's really not fair to everyone else. This way people will buy a heart, write their message and then come to hand it in - one of the people on selling duty can then hole punch it. If we try to do it in advance everyone will be fighting over the hole puncher.

Umeya, I'll send you a list of SRC reps now in case you still need it.
    yunalee

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Publicity.

Post  yunalee Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 am

Im know I'm not part of the publicity group or anything but i was wondering who was going to be the daily announcements. Bec B and I did the one for the Xmas Dance and we were not in the publicty group so I was thinking anyone else in the publicity group should do it, or else Im sure Bec and I would be more than happy to do it again in fron of that office lady with the short black hair. and the full fringe Very Happy

Maybe we can even help you with the announcement speech like last time.
    I was thinking something along the lines like:

There's only three words that will have cupid shooting arrows from the sky.
    So write and buy a rose for only $2 to a close friend or even secret crush etc.

Something like that?
    yunalee

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Announcement

Post  yunalee Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:06 am

wow, the announcement today about the rose drive was really quite disappointing Neutral
    Olgasaurus

Post  Olgasaurus Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:52 am

Yuna, I think your idea is great. Talk to Kal and Poppy about it before school and ask them to do that or if you'd prefer to do it yourself, you can do that instead. Just make sure you tell them before they put in the announcement.

And remember you need to add that roses are $2 each or you can buy 5 and get one free, and that we're selling them in the Staff Commonroom at recess and lunch.
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Rose Dethorning, Cupids and preparations for the Dance

Post  Jaymin Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:28 am

I.
    Does the SRC have to gather sometime on the morning of the 15th to dethorn roses?
    If so, what time, and how many roses have we ordered?

II.
    Is everyone in SRC acting as a Cupid?
    If so, do we have to dress up?

III.
    Is there anything we can bring in advance for the Year 7-9 Dance besides jelly crystals?

Rolling Eyes
    Cheers guys,
    Jaymin.
    yunalee

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty Absent

Post  yunalee Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:41 am

Im not going to be at school tomorrow because I got this sudden hives reaction. I can buy jelly crystal packets and take them with me to school on wednesday. Is it same as last year for the christmas dance? Right after roll call, period and 1 and 2?
    hannah harmelin

Starting Events of 2010 - Valentines Day Rose Drive Empty YUNA!!

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 pm

yeah, but the food committee has to try and get to school by 8.30 and we'll start then, jess only said period 1. If we are done in time.

Jess if you see this can you magically get us out of period 2 as well because i think it might take that long...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm