Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+5
AdminClinton
caarolminhwan
koolkat
Jaymin
hannah harmelin
9 posters

Halloween Dance???

hannah harmelin

Halloween Dance??? Empty Halloween Dance???

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Some people in my year have been asking if we could have a halloween dance (theme in itself). I asked Jaemin but he said it would be too close to the christmas dance... But then someone suggested that we have ANOTHER dance that would be in the middle of the year (i.e. Christmas in July, End of Financial Year (Romaan's idea not mine.))

I think a halloween dance would be really popular but i'm not sure that holding a third dance would be very good, because peope get bored of doing the same thing. Jess did say that she wants do something no other SRC had done before...

But maybe we should just make the theme of the Christmas Dance be 'Halloween'...

What do you think?

clinton: Pleese post in the right section! This is about an event in 2010 so it should be posted in the Events 2010 subforum!
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Halloween Dance??? Empty July

Post  Jaymin Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 am

yo,

Well, by my own foolishness I raised another topic on this (==)
    But I personally think a Dance around Hallowe'en would take it too close to the Christmas Dance... and merging the two ideas together wouldn't take us anywhere, because from what I've heard, people want ANOTHER dance, not one infused with another theme idea...
    koolkat
    koolkat

Halloween Dance??? Empty Re: Halloween Dance???

Post  koolkat Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm

As if the Fort Street Community Wouldn't be pumped for the end of financial year dance!
    caarolminhwan
    caarolminhwan

Post  caarolminhwan Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 pm

it'd be great if we get a halloween dance!
    AdminClinton
    Admin

Post  AdminClinton Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 am

There is the fort st festival coming up and it takes a lot of time and resources to organise
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am

Hey Guys:

There's no chance of a Halloween Dance, We spoke ot Ms Moxham on Monday. we have 2 dances every year, and compared to many other school's, the REALLY REALLY generous.

we've also got the Fest coming up, and seriously.. it's a MASSIVE thing and we can't juggle an event like that and a dance.

Maybe save it for later ?

Very Happy
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

yeah, next year maybe

year 10's look out!
    charizard

Post  charizard Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:31 am

I know this topics already like finished sort of but i reckon we should have like one lunch time where we like make the hall into some crazy haunted house like those stupid ones that make you lol heaps in primary school fairs. (Y) Smile
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Tue May 11, 2010 5:54 am

well thats the thing cause these things are meant to be special. so if we have too many then u love that interest. and i dont think moxham will let period
    koolkat
    koolkat

Halloween Dance??? Empty End of Financial Year Dance

Post  koolkat Wed May 12, 2010 2:48 am

With the Federal Budget being handed down yesterday I thought it would be a good time to renew my push for the End of Financial Year Dance. Some reasons for having this dance are:
    Everyone gets to wear a tux, which is really cool afro
    It would create great revenue for the school say with an entry of $2 or $5 (commerce/economics students get in free)
    Plus it would be the coolest thing to say to friends from other schools e.g.
    A= FSHS Student
    B= Other school

B: Wanna do something today?
    A: Sorry have other plans, maybe next time?
    B: What other plans?
    A: Well, I didn't want to say anything but I am going to our schools end of financial year dance!!
    B: WOAH!! That is h4x0r!!! Whoever came up with that must be one koolkat!(pun intended)

Just Imagine the Fun (My Slogan)
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed May 12, 2010 5:48 am

since u guys have roll call where most of ur discussions take place, i will just post some of my opinion on it based on experience.

dances may seem like something fun but there is a lot fo work behind the scenes. You need to arrange it on a day where it will coincide with a PnC meeting. You need to book security. You need set up the hall which may disrupt class and clear the hall if anything is happening the next day. Not to mention other things as well.

Though it may seem like a good idea, it can be difficult to organise. Not to mention you guys are currently busy with fort street festival.

P.S wonder whats happened to my avatar... wonder who played around with my account >.>

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 am