Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+7
Joel
Harriet
Michael
crystal
Carlo
yunalee
veronicaa
11 posters

Christmas Dance

veronicaa

Christmas Dance Empty Christmas Dance

Post  veronicaa Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Put all of your ideas in here!
    Theme, decoration ideas,prizes, prices for food sold etc.
    oh and publicity!
    yunalee

Christmas Dance Empty Re: Christmas Dance

Post  yunalee Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 am

OK SO,

i think the theme should be circus as poppy suggested! i think it would be fun and the hall will be full of vibrant colours so it will also make me happy.

also, i'll be going on holiday to thailand this sunday and coming back on the 30th so for all that week i won't be at school to help publicise so veronica, can you please do announcements and all that? make sure the announcement is fun for the christmas dance.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:10 am

I am in support of the circus theme as well.
    veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

yeah sure.
    alot of people want to incorporate animals into the theme as well.

so when should i start doing announcemnts?
    because it'll be easier if we've got a theme and all the details
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

More people should comment on this Smile
    crystal

Post  crystal Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

i think having animals as part of the theme would be good and people would have more choices on what to dress up as.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:47 am

what's the point of saying 'animals and circus theme for the dance' when a circus already has alot of animals. there could be a zoo circus and all these other different types.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:32 am

Michael wrote:with gelato you really need to order it early, the earlier the better as pure gelato can be high demand sometimes. We almost got rejected for one of our orders once I believe (during our time as executive) but it was an error as they thought it was the week before.

also with gelato look at reasonable prices too. I dunno how much you guys charged but any of the following would be fine.
    1 scoop $3.50 or $4.00
    2 scoop $4.50 or $5.00
    now prices may need to change due to cost.

originally gelato costs $350 for the whole package <-- john needs to talk to ms levi about this as she needs to write the checque.

but for her to write a cheque she needs a tax invoice from pure gelato and hence you need to order it as early as possible. The cheque takes about a day or two to process i.e. write up as she needs to confirm the invoice, write one up, chase two or three executives(moxham, kemp and osland) to sign it before it becomes valid. Knowing their positions, they could disappear for some time due to meetings or other stuff.

also announce that you will be selling it the following day too as some people dont know about it.

Always make sure the plug is in and the gelato bar is switch on and not off not for even a short moment. Someone pulled out our cable once and the gelato started melting.

for flavouring try to get a range of flavours something that is also gluten free, some sorbet, some fruity and some cream. Try not to get some that although are different flavours but basically taste esentially/almost the same e.g. hazlenut and ferero rocher.

glow sticks make sure you buy them somewhere so you can sell them at a reasonable price and still make money. I suggested in the past ready steady glow but someone from the SRC found somewhere cheaper so check that out.

you guys got about three weeks left

also float dont know who organised for trivia (james or john) but if this upcoming one is john's first time. Make sure speak to ms Levi about it and make sure you are heavy in terms of fifty cent coins. We always end up short on it for some reason. Don't leave it to the last minute as the earlier you let her know, the better your chance of a properly prepared float will be. You don't want to be like me in one year where she happened to be absent and i had to go to the bank myself to exchange for coins.

music - dj or play list? dj weren't always that good but it gives off a dance feel. However play list gives you guys time to organise your songs and play list and then can go through Moxham so that there wont be any problems later on regarding songs...

i dunno about carlo's year for the dance and hope i told james this but you need to always organise security for a dance. So one of the executive also needs to tell ms levi this so she can organise it but you must confirm the date and time first.

feel free to ask me if you need any help as carlo's cabinet might be busy with their mini assessment period coming up and I just finished the HSC so i am pretty much free

ciao
    like i said in other thread

um circus theme is quite a good idea as it is pretty new and unused as far as I am concerned for last 6 or 7 years.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 am

I think, as Yuna said, we could possibly combine the two, somehow.

...Can we reach a decision on this by Friday? It'd be good if Poppy could add some publicity for it into her speech...
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:20 am

Let's just go with circus before the debate becomes too heated.
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:50 pm

I think the circus idea is going to get more results costumewise in the school. Just because there are some easy ones to dress up as (IE someone can come in normal clothes but bring juggling balls) and the people that go all out for the costumes can get a good costume aswell.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 pm

what's the bet that jacob brings his diabolo thing?

but yeah, i think circus is a great theme
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 am

True Hannah, very true indeed.

Are we charging gold coin donation again?

What time will the dance be at?

Would you like me to use my newly learned skills and techniques to make posters?

Who is making the playlist and supplying the ipod/sound device?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 am

aren't yuna and veronica the publicity officers? but i think yuna is going to be away or something and i doubt they would complain if you did

gold coin is fine, i think.

what time was it last year? we can probably make it the same time.

and mickey wanted to organise the music
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:29 am

Entry will stay as gold coin donation as per usual
    Time of dance will be decided on by new executive, old executive and Ms Moxham at next executive meeting (ie Monday)
    Last year was 6:30 - 9:30 - it will most likely be a similar time this year.
    veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 am

um if the theme is going to be circus, i would be more than happy to start making posters.
    harriet, since yuna is going to be away, do you want to make them together?
    charizard

Post  charizard Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:52 am

yes! start designing posters! I'm sure Ali would be able to get then printe in colour as well. talk to her about the posters. she's the queen at posters. but maybe this year we could publicize another way. seeing as the theme will be circus, (I think) maybs we could get people dressing up as ring masters and going around the school with a mega phone during lunch time? can we also start brainstorming ideas for decorations? we can do so much with this circus theme. I'm really excited. Smile shotty beard lady!
    veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:02 pm

yeaah i saw her posters last year for the christmas dance
    they were amazing!
    and yeah your ring master idea sounds really great.
    we should also like list some ideas as to what people could dress as on the posters or whatever, as there are sooo many costumes and things you can dress up as, but most people just think "oh circus, i can only dress up as a clown" or something like that.
    charizard

Post  charizard Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:10 am

another cool thing you can look at are maybe getting balloons and putting the info on them and having them up around the school. I know they'll be ppl who will pop them but it would still be awsome!! or maybe have random wigs and noses lying around to make ppl confused and curious Smile I don't know. but could you send me a copy of the design of the poster when you're ready? thanks for being so awesome Veronica!!!
    Hugh Pearce

Post  Hugh Pearce Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

I second the balloon idea.

A few people came up to me asking if there could be a small habber competition. If there was going to be then it would need ppropiate music as well. Maybe the games committee could look at this?
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

I reckon the leaving things around idea is pretty good, but that's only if you don't mind people taking the stuff...because they probably will and about the balloon idea, I don't know if people will actually read what's on them unless it is like REALLY easy to see what's on it, because i know I have a tendency to just hit balloons which are hanging around Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am