Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

4 posters

Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility

Jaymin
    Jaymin

Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility Empty Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility

Post  Jaymin Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 am

Hi guys,

I'd just like to raise a topic, just out of pure interest, which I've noticed has become a centre for discussion between members of the SRC, particularly in Years 8 and 9: which is the possibility of a Dance in July.

I've heard from other students outside the SRC that only two Dances per year - i.e. the Welcome Dance and the Christmas Dance - seemed a bit too little. We somehow started on the topic of a possibility of a Dance around Hallowe'en, but then October was pretty close to the Dance in December, so we moved it to the Mid-Year.
    Someone, who I've forgotten, thought it would be nice to have an "End of Financial Year" Dance, but fortunately someone else changed the idea to "Christmas in July" Dance.

I thought it wouldn't be THAT much of a bad idea, seeing as the students from Suginami Sogo plan to visit in July, and we didn't think a Mid-Year Dance would be such a bad idea among the general student body.

I'm just wondering if any of the Executives, or "O'Brien", could be able to highlight this possibility. Just in case it actually DOES happen and we have to make sure nothing else is planned.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility Empty Re: Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility

Post  koolkat Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Jaymin wrote:Hi guys,

I'd just like to raise a topic, just out of pure interest, which I've noticed has become a centre for discussion between members of the SRC, particularly in Years 8 and 9: which is the possibility of a Dance in July.

I've heard from other students outside the SRC that only two Dances per year - i.e. the Welcome Dance and the Christmas Dance - seemed a bit too little. We somehow started on the topic of a possibility of a Dance around Hallowe'en, but then October was pretty close to the Dance in December, so we moved it to the Mid-Year.
    Someone, who I've forgotten, thought it would be nice to have an "End of Financial Year" Dance, but fortunately someone else changed the idea to "Christmas in July" Dance.

I thought it wouldn't be THAT much of a bad idea, seeing as the students from Suginami Sogo plan to visit in July, and we didn't think a Mid-Year Dance would be such a bad idea among the general student body.

I'm just wondering if any of the Executives, or "O'Brien", could be able to highlight this possibility. Just in case it actually DOES happen and we have to make sure nothing else is planned.
    Woooo! for End of Finacial Year Dance, Christmas in July is stupid it's basically another Christmas Dance it should be a Winter themed dance or Halloween instead
    Michael
    Michael

Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility Empty Re: Expression of Interest - July Event Possibility

Post  Michael Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 am

keep in mind that there is a possibility the suginami sogo students are coming over around that time. You might want to run something for them.

It's just great that they come over half way through my trials... which means I probably can't host one as I don't want to make them stay home for 1 week...

pagani can you confirm this? Cause i skimmed through the school diary and saw that. It has been changed like from a christmas visit to mid year visit
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:16 am

read other reply guys-

we can't have a dance

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content