Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+4
koolkat
yunalee
hannah harmelin
Carlo
8 posters

Survey Committees

Carlo

Survey Committees Empty Survey Committees

Post  Carlo Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 am

As I told everyone who came to the meeting today (which was not many), we are writing a survey to the school community to ask them what they want us as an SRC to be doing and for them to have a say in what happens.

To that end four committees will be established to address four key issues in the school. One has already been created - the Infrastructure Committee - but I think that we will simply recreate that one from scratch. Each year group needs to allocate two reps to each committee (one boy and one girl would be good) depending on where your interests lie. Because Year 9s are awesome, they've already sorted themselves out. Could Years 8 and 10 please allocate people committees and then someone hand me a list of who is in what by next Monday please?

The committees are:
    • Infrastructure: For the purpose of improving our buildings and overall look as a school, especially in areas such as toilets, changerooms, sporting facilities, whiteboards (?) etc.
    • Uniform: (Quite self-explanatory) To investigate issues with our school uniform and better alternatives.
    • Resources: To investigate which resources in our school are lacking and what needs to be supplied/updated (this may include textbooks, sporting equipment, computers we use... things we use in day to day school life)
    • Finance: To discuss how the SRC manages its money (James will help out with this one) - i.e. how we should be raising money (charity to fundraiser balance), how much money we should be raising, what the money should be spent on, etc)

Once the committees are confirmed (by next Monday) each committee needs to work together to come up with a few questions to put into a school survey (feel free to use the forum as a discussion board). These questions need to be given to a Year 11 student or posted on the forum by Monday of Week 8 (the 15th). These questions will then be compiled and edited by Year 11 and then given to Mr Osland to put on the internet so that students can take the survey when they have computer lessons (we will spread announcements asking students to complete surveys online). Due to the fact it is an online survey, try stick to questions with multiple choice answers rather than spaces - each committee should not have more than one question which allows for space to answer, as reading all of the responses will take forever. Remember we are putting this survey to the whole school community, which includes both students and staff.

Thank you all! Leave any questions or comments below.

Carlo
    hannah harmelin

Survey Committees Empty Re: Survey Committees

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

The year 9 groups are:

Infrastructure - Carol and Michael
    Resources - Aliasgher and Rebecca
    Uniform - Harriet and Miles
    Finance - Jacob and Me (Hannah)

*fixed it now*

Last edited by hannah harmelin on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it was wrong)
    yunalee

Survey Committees Empty what i think

Post  yunalee Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

im am really confused about what to do. so two reps from each year and what happens to the rest? Aslo, i think that romaan and joel are being unfair, they didnt even discuss with my year about what we were going to do with comitteesa and they picked themselves to be in uniform. JESS AND CARLO- i dont really care what comittee im in so maybe we could just have someone like umeya to write the committees list with everyone in it, so that we dont have to go through the trouble of collecting these pieces of paper and stuff.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm

yunalee wrote:im am really confused about what to do. so two reps from each year and what happens to the rest? Aslo, i think that romaan and joel are being unfair, they didnt even discuss with my year about what we were going to do with comitteesa and they picked themselves to be in uniform. JESS AND CARLO- i dont really care what comittee im in so maybe we could just have someone like umeya to write the committees list with everyone in it, so that we dont have to go through the trouble of collecting these pieces of paper and stuff.
    Well actually Joel and I said at the meeting to you guys that we were going into the Uniform comittee and I think Jerome and Ed are doing infastructure but I'm happy to negotiate on the matter.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 am

Yuna - there are four committees, and two reps from your year go to each of those four - making a total of eight people, which is the number of people in your year group. If you don't mind which committee you're in that makes things easy, but someone might be passionate about a certain area (which would be a bit strange...) and would want to be in the certain committee.
    Anyway, hopefully your year can sort something out...
    POPPY!

Survey Committees Empty UNIFORMS:

Post  POPPY! Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:07 pm

hi Smile
    i was looking on the scags website for sports uniforms and i thought i'd just post the website so anyone else can have a look.
    http://www.scagsclothing.com.au/Our_Clothing_files/Scags%20Summer_09_Pricelist_1.pdf
    there are 100% polyester micro mesh sport shorts which come in maroon and navy. i'm not sure whether these would be too much like basketball shorts but they sound lighter than the ones we have now. they're on page 5 and no. 1178/A1178.

on the page below there's also a pair of 100% polyester sport shorts which look better but they only come in white.

have a look and see if theres anything else.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 am

The new committees are as follows:
    Infrastructure Resources Finance Uniform
    Jerome Duque [8] Katie Lin [8] Leya Reid [8] Joel Smith [8]
    Romaan Dulloo [8] Veronica Lin [8] Edmund Bale [8] Yuna Lee [8]
    Carol Li [9] Aliasgher Karimjee [9] Hannah Harmelin [9] Harriet Scandol [9]
    Michael Nguyen [9] Rebecca Burley [9] Jacob Levy [9] Miles Walsh [9]
    Christopher Mo [10] John Vassil [10] Esther Kim [10] Angela Buchanan [10]
    Jaemin Shin [10] Charmaine Duong [10] Kalanjay Dhir [10] Poppy Bell [10]
    It's now up to you guys to work together as committees as discuss what sort of questions you want to put forward to the survey - N.B. these questions need to be given to Year 11 SRC by next Monday. Year 7 SRC should be joining us by this meeting and hopefully we can split them into these committees too. Once the survey has been compiled and sent out to the school (this will need to be publicised and emails will be sent to DET addresses) and we have our feedback, each committee will analyse the results for their section and compile a short report which will list problems in the relevant area and provide ways in which we can amend this. Once this has all been done we will compile the entire thing into one big SRC report which will be sent to Ms Moxham and hopefully onto the School Council where some (or hopefully all!) of these matters will be addressed.

Please remember there is a meeting at Thursday lunchtime for us to listen to the 3rd School Council nominee speeches. After this we will quickly vote on who we believe should hold the non-SRC role on the School Council.

Also school photos are on this Friday - I believe SRC photos are usually taken at lunch. I'll confirm this with Pagani but please remember to be somewhere near the Hall at lunch on Friday.

Thanks all!
    kalculator

Survey Committees Empty Finance Comittee

Post  kalculator Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:31 am

ok these are the questions the Finance Comittee came up with.

1) Do you think the money we raise should go more towards charities or school?
    2) If we raise money for the school what would you like to see improved?
    3) Which charities do you think we should support?
    4) How would you like us to raise money? (Fundraisers, dances etc.)

Sorry they aren't worded very well.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 am

These are the Infastrucuture Committee questions

1 - Are you dissatsfied with any portions of the school infastructure.
    If yes, please specify...

2 - Do you think that funding for a well developed part of the school should be diverted to any other less developed area? Example: Toilets, Hall, Library or Gym

3 - How would you propose we raise money for these future infastructural endeavors?
    Examples: Mufti Days, Dances etc.
    And how much money should we invest in this aspect?

4 - Is there any extra facilites you would like to see developed or improved?
    Examples: Lecture Hall, Gym/Fitness Centre or Swimming Pool
    If so, where?...

Do we need to do any more?
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:30 am

im sorry but who are you koolkat?
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:39 pm

I am Romaan
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Survey Committees Empty huh?

Post  Jaymin Tue May 25, 2010 4:47 am

Hey, guys,

I know it's a bit late to raise this issue, with the Festival over and all...

But what's happened with all our questions ans stuff? Are we handing out a survey this year, or not?
    MOMO

Post  MOMO Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am

YOO, Osland sent the SRC SRUVEY to our det emails

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am