Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+10
Jess-tacy
Kayla :)
Jaymin
veronicaa
jennny zhao :)
yunalee
fruitlooops
Vish
crystal
Carlo
14 posters

Food Committee for Trivia Night

Carlo

Food Committee for Trivia Night Empty Food Committee for Trivia Night

Post  Carlo Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 am

So, we formed three committees for Trivia Night (Logistics, Prizes and Questions) but Logistics are basically done with everything they need to do and I realised that some people will need to make the jelly and cupcakes for the night. We've had people prepare food before for the dances and High Tea so there are a few people who (by now!) should be fairly experienced! Unfortunately a lot of them were Year 9 girls and seeing as Year 9 will be away until the evening of the Trivia Night, it'd be great if people from Year 7 and 8 could volunteer to make food! (Even if you can't come to the Trivia Night but can stay behind at school a bit on Friday 12 November, that'd be great!)
    So please put your name below if you'd like to help in the Food Committee.

Also, if you can make some sort of cake and bring it in for the night to be sold, that would also help heaps!

Carlo
    crystal

Food Committee for Trivia Night Empty Re: Food Committee for Trivia Night

Post  crystal Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:11 am

i don't mind staying behind after school to help make food.
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm

sure i will, because by the time i get home it would be like 10 mins before my train back to pretersham comes. So yeah i will
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 am

Carlo you lied! Me and Veronica helped for high tea as well Sad
    But yeah, I'm sure we can stay behind to help as well Very Happy
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:43 am

leya and i are in fo sho
    Vish

Post  Vish Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 am

So Carlo, are the people who volunteered still cooking after school or is there something different. Also i heard that we should make the muffins/cupcakes at home and bring them to school. Is this true.

Vish,
    jennny zhao :)

Post  jennny zhao :) Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:10 am

i dont mind staying back 2 Smile
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:12 am

Sorry, if it's making cupcakes at home I can't do that but the jelly at school I can do Smile
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 am

There is some cupcake mix that was brought to school which people who are in the Food Committee will help make, but other people should make cupcakes at home (we might organise people to do that at the next SRC meeting). All of the jelly will be made on the day but some cupcakes will be made at school and others will be made at people's homes. Obviously I do not expect you to do both! (I mean, if you wanted to be super crazy then you could, but really, all of the people in the Food Committee shouldn't have to worry about making them at home since you're doing all of the stuff at school).

As for when you're going to be cooking, the Trivia Night is on the Friday of a Week A. That means I have free periods in periods 3, 4 and 5, so I should be able to prepare jelly. Obviously we need to prepare the jelly first so that it has time to set, and then the cupcakes can even start at the end of school (although earlier is probably better). Therefore, if the committee can get together and decide on which period they want to miss out on most - I mean, if you can find a suitable time for preparing the jelly, then let me know and I'll see what we can do (although we should be able to do it at lunch, right...?). It's really up to you guys and when you can work. So let me know. Staying behind is good for cupcakes.
    veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:22 am

I would love to help
    Making cakes at the High Tea last time was fun.

Oh, can we like, distribute lollies during the night like at Trivia at camp?

Vish

Post  Vish Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:23 am

Hey Carlo,

I'm not in the food committee but my last period on Friday Wk A is Geo so Mr Honeysett wont mind. So I can help with the jelly etc during lunch and before the end of school. However I dont think it is possible for me to make cupcakes at home. Also it is convenient for me because there is no point of me going home as it is impossible for me to get to school by 5 or even 5:30 so I would have stayed at school anyway.

Thanks,
    Vish
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 am

Vish, were you wanting to be part of the Food Committee then? We haven't actually officially organised it, this post was meant to be for people who want to be in it. It sounds more or less like you're in it, and sure, staying back at school to make cupcakes is great.

Veronica I think we are planning to have lollies on tables like at trivia at camp. That should keep people happy.
    crystal

Post  crystal Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 am

I would like to help as well , so i don't mind being in the food committee either Smile
    Vish

Post  Vish Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Yes Carlo I do want to be in the Food Committee I just misunderstood the thread thats all.
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Post  Jaymin Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am

ehh, i helped out with too at high tea too,
    may as well help Smile

Food Committee for Trivia Night Empty Food committee

Post  Kayla :) Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:25 am

I'd also like to help with making the food. So is this after school or during last period on Friday?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 am

Well it depends. Do you a) have any preference over making jelly or cupcakes, and b) have a class you can/want to get out of?

I think I'll meet up with the whole Food Committee quickly next SRC meeting. From what I can see it looks like the people on this committee are:

Crystal
    Vish
    Katie
    Veronica
    Leya
    Yuna
    Jenny
    Jaemin
    Kayla

That sounds like a pretty good committee. It'd be good if more boys helped though, but doesn't matter.
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey Guys, it's lovely that you all want to stay behind and help. personally, I don't think that organising the trivia night's food will be like high tea.. Firstly because the high tea ws a high tea, where as this is a trivia night.

it may be a little too late, but i think we should offer drinks chips and lollies, along with the jelly.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't think it's too late, it's probably a good idea to have a wider variety of food available. I've said this a few times but I think we should have small bowls of lollies on tables like we do at SRC camp, but if we can also sell other things that's good. Should I ask Pagani to go and get packs of chips/lollies when he goes to get drinks?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Also nice of you to finally join us again on the forum Jess Razz It's been what, 2 and a half months? We've certainly been discussing a lot since then...
    veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 am

Are we just making cupcakes and jelly? What about cookies?
    I had this idea, that we could sell sausage rolls/pies (mini pastry ones)and fairy bread. Would that be too messy/expensive or too long to make/cook?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:17 am

I think we'll only be making cupcakes and jelly, but if you want to bring in cookies to be sold, that'd be great. In fact, probably people should bring anything at all (except food with allergens like nuts and such) to be sold on the day, if possible.

As for sausage rolls or pies, I don't know - anyone else support this idea? It could work if enough people were interested.

Also on a similar note there was a suggestion today about a sausage sizzle which I also brought up earlier because we didn't get to run the cross country BBQ this year. I think most of them would be sold before or during the break. It could be more trouble than it's worth, I don't know. But if people are supportive of this idea, we need to know as soon as possible so that we can organise it!

Food Committee for Trivia Night Empty Sausage sizzle

Post  Kayla :) Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:08 am

The sausage sizzle would be very popular since Trivia night spans over 6-7pm and people will obviiously be hungry by then. But if we have the sausage sizzle, people may not buy the jelly and the cupcakes then and with the sausage sizzle we recquire 2 teachers and the sausages which i don't think we already have at our disposal. So I don't know if it'll work well.
    Also, because people are baking the muffins before hand does that mean the muffins will be sold cold? Or will we heat them up before serving? Because warm muffins may be a bit more appetizing. Smile
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 am

I agree about warm muffins, I was wondering about that too. Hopefully we can get access to a kitchen - either the Staff Common Room or the Fortian Room one, so that we not only can heat up the cupcakes but also store jelly in the fridge. I shall investigate.

Sausages shouldn't take long to actually go and get, but if we do, yes we need teachers (although we need teachers for the actual night as well, so that shouldn't be a problem) and we'd also need rolls or slices of bread. Approximate numbers would help. And I don't know if we should be worried about people not buying jelly because they have bought sausages... Maybe we could make a meal deal? Sausage, drink and a desert?
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 am

just a thought. What about we get parent volunteers who wouldn't mind helping with the sausage sizzle. It was allowed in my old school dunno if it will be allowed now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm