Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+4
estarkim0
Carlo
Harriet
MOMO
8 posters

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

MOMO

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night Empty Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

Post  MOMO Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 am

Hello Everybody, despite it being early I thought it might be beneficial if we start discussing some issues for Trivia Nights.

Members who are expected to contribute:
    Carol
    Rebbecca
    Chris
    Angela
    Joel
    Katie
    Esther

So some issues I was informed that we should discuss include:
    *How many people per table
    *How much for regintry per table and forms
    *Layout of the hall or an other alternate venues ceing considered
    *Day and Time
    *What we be available for purchase (drinks, jelly e.t.c.) and pricing

If there is any other issues we need discussing please inform me.

...PS. if you are in the Logistic committee and I do not see you contributing to this post, then horrible horrible things will happen. Such as freaky phone calls and seeing my face every single time you look into the mirror!!!
    Harriet

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night Empty Re: Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

Post  Harriet Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 am

I think one white table per team, with 2 of those rows of 4 chairs per table.
    That way we can work with 8 people per team?

I wouldn't bother too much with food like jelly and gelato and stuff, maybe just organise cold drinks for everyone, and tell them to buy their own food in the afternoon, but not to bring it into the hall.
    Because if you think about it, every dance we have and stuff, we end up cleaning a crap load of spilt jelly and gelato off the floor.
    Carlo

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night Empty Re: Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

Post  Carlo Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:47 am

Luckily for this committee, most of the work seems do have already done itself...

Planned date is Friday 12th of November after school from about 5pm - 7pm - to be confirmed.

There will be 10 teams of 8 people. As Harriet said, the white trestle tables can sit 4 people per side. The ten teams will be allocated countries - you think of them! - and will be placed throughout the hall (it may be good for you to come up with a floor plan or some kind of configuration).

As for jelly and gelato and drinks and all - that's something we as an SRC will decide later.

The most important thing now is to plan out cost for entry! Then you can put together a draft entry form, and plan out how publicity will work (having organised the logistics, this committee will transform into a publicity committee). Also will the countries be allocated at random, or will teams be allowed to choose?
    estarkim0

Post  estarkim0 Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

Wow awesome everythings so organised! alien
    I think it would be more fun if the teams chose their own countries and there could be like little cute flag of the chosen one they can have on their table? hehe
    As for publicity I would be pretty encouraged to participate if I knew what prize I was going to get if I won
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:56 am

Come on peoplezz! What price for entry?!
    Limitations on year groups?!
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 am

Do you think $5 per person is too much? Otherwise definitely no less than $3.
    I think charging per person rather than per team would be better so people don't feel pressured to have a full team of 8?

I think we should give the teams countries, that or we have a list and the teams get to shotty the country they get to be? When they register we can give them a choice?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:01 am

Country ideas?:

Sweden
    USA
    New Zealand
    Japan (!)
    Antarctica
    Brazil
    Fiji
    Latvia
    Mexico
    Yemen

Just some strange countries so people will have to branch out a little bit, instead of just turning up in normal clothes.

geek
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 am

I agree with Japan, Mexico and Sweden, but I think we have to add countries with a little more cultural significance.
    How about some German's in lederhosen? Actually, see that might be too close to Sweden. Lol or Kazakhstan in mankinis!

Omg I've just realised that these days I'm spending more time on SRC forum than facebook.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 am

I think maybe $4 for each person is the most suitable price.
    Are we assigning the groups the countries or do they choose themselves?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:42 am

If we say the whole table pays $40, that's a nice round figure and also means $5 per person. That means it's easy for either the table to pay as a whole or for each person to pay. Probably it's easiest if we ask them to pay as a total payment for the table and for the tables to organise payment within themselves. But is $40 per table too much?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:14 am

Well $5 per person sounds cheaper than $40 per group.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:11 am

Leya Reid wrote:Well $5 per person sounds cheaper than $40 per group.

That it does, as for the countrires I think Brazil would be good some others that would be good are:

- Japan
    - Sweden
    - Mexico
    - New Zealiand
    - France
    - Egypt

What do you think?
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 am

I think there should be the US in there somewhere
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:17 pm

OH

are we having an MC for the trivia night?
    also, how many src people do we need to mark the quiz and stuff?
    i'd be happy to, but some people might want to participate with friends. also the questions committee can't because they know the answers.

same goes for anyone who checks the forum really...
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:21 pm

I and someone else will MC.

I think the Questions commitee will be marking.

Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:57 pm

No one checks the forum Hannah, don't be silly.
    What happened to that powerpoint idea? Is that still happening? Probably not.

I'm happy to mark. I think I already put my name down somewhere.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:17 am

well, the powerpoint idea is up to the questions people.

i think that having a powerpoint would be good, so everyone can see the question if they don't hear it.
    unless one of the challenges is for everyone to be quiet or you don't get to know what the question is...
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 am

hannah harmelin wrote:well, the powerpoint idea is up to the questions people.

i think that having a powerpoint would be good, so everyone can see the question if they don't hear it.
    unless one of the challenges is for everyone to be quiet or you don't get to know what the question is...

Well I wouldn't be able to make it,so unless someone wants to step up to the plate it can't go ahead.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am

i could probably do it Smile
    as long as the final questions are on the forum and i know what order to put them in?
    are there are set number of points for all questions? or are there different numbers of points for different questions? and if the latter is true then should i put the available points next to each question?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:46 am

Just pointing out that maybe this discussion should be brought over to the questions committee thread rather than the logistics one?

But in response, yes Romaan will be the questionmaster, yes we will have a powerpoint - someone in Questions committee will need to put their hand up for this. Markers will be whoever wants to mark - if there are about 5 or more people who can do this that'd be good, but anyone can do this.

Now back to logistics!
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:47 am

hannah harmelin wrote:i could probably do it Smile
    as long as the final questions are on the forum and i know what order to put them in?
    are there are set number of points for all questions? or are there different numbers of points for different questions? and if the latter is true then should i put the available points next to each question?

I will PM you the questions with point values in Brackets next to them. You down with that?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:48 am

yep.
    wow, the forum has really come back from the dead, huh?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:55 am

When people talk on the forum, I feel excited.

...and that's very sad.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 am

4 people. Ooh back from the dead.

And if you can't do the powerpoint Hannah, I can.
    What were we deciding on for the logistics again?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 am

oh oh oh are we selling food on the night? If so, what type?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm