Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+4
estarkim0
Carlo
Harriet
MOMO
8 posters

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

hannah harmelin

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Re: Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:47 am

maybe, if we make enough stuff, then we can sell it as well as put some as prizes?

or just soft drinks/jelly, but jelly is annoying to clean up.

MOMO

Logistic Committee for Trivia Night - Page 2 Empty Re: Logistic Committee for Trivia Night

Post  MOMO Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:33 am

YES ppl posted on the forum.

so confirming, is it

1) $5 per person (8 people per table)

2)Japan Sweden Mexico New Zealiand France Egypt (US and Brazil still up for
    consideration)

3) drinks and jelly being sold yeah? (no icecream please) - how much?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 am

What was the price for the jelly and drinks at the last dance? That price seemed to work well.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 am

I think in general (from Christmas and Year 7-9 Dance) it was $1 for jelly (which people bring in to be made on the day), $1.50 for drinks (which Pagani goes out to buy).

So no gelato? Bear in mind it always brings a profit, but I suppose it might mean more to clean up? Not that the SRC ever has any trouble cleaning up.

I think Jess was saying we might think about selling sausages? We didn't have a cross country barbeque this year so we might be able to do it here instead? Also I think glowsticks are kind of not applicable for this as opposed to a dance, so we'll forget those.

Anything else that should be available for purchase? We need to sort this out very quickly because I think publicity for this should start ASAP and we need to confirm details!
    MOMO

Post  MOMO Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't think we should sell sausages, if it's at night, cause people will probably prefer something to coll them down, since it is a trivia night.

and the price of the drinks and jelly sounds good.
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 am

I think when it comes to food we should be selling cupcakes.
    Cupcakes always go well.
    If we get a certain number of people from SRC to bring in a dozen nice looking ones then we're all set.
    Also there's a place called Darling Pies and Cakes in Balmain and they have $1 a bag stuff from yesterday and there are always cute mini-muffins, so I could swing by every day for a week and pick up a bunch of them.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:16 am

Good idea, but it may be cheaper if we get SRC people to donate muffin mixes as well as jelly crystals, and then a Food Committee (which may end up being a combination of the Logistics and Prizes Committees) can make them on the day?

Bear in mind that the planned time for the event is about 5pm-7pm - not as late as our dances.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 am

wouldn't it be easier if a certain number of people made them the night before and brought them to school? that way we don't have to try and use one oven to make all the cupcakes, and we will all have cupcake tins

but the jelly we can do at school.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 am

Agreed.
    MOMO

Post  MOMO Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 am

Hey people some new info which angela told me

It is now $2.5o per person, therefore $20 per table
    its on the 12th of November and starts from 5pm till 7pm

we are selling
    Jelly for $1
    Drinks for $1.50
    Cupcake (TBA, but how does 2 dollars sound?)
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 am

the cupcake prices can be set on the day, can't they? Because some people might make tiny ones and someone else might make mega cupcakes... but somewhere between $1 and $2 ?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:31 am

Hannah's exactly right.

I'm guessing we aren't announcing what prizes would be. So.. the next step - time for publicity to start!

It'd be good if someone could announce this tomorrow during the daily annoucement just so people know, and let them know that application forms will be available from next week?

Speaking of which, someone needs to make an application form. It's pretty simple - it just needs to have space for each team of eight to write down their names and roll call classes. Did we decide that the teams's country would be allocated to them, instead of them choosing? (This prevents disputes).

Also, do people have the option of simply submitting themself so that they can automatically be sorted into a team? I think that this will waste time and probably unlikely to happen - but if you think otherwise, do comment back.

Oh and no restrictions on year groups? Teams from Year 11 up against teams from Year 7? Are the questions from the questions committee suitable for this scenario?
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:35 am

publicity is my favourite part lolll.
    I'll make a poster.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 am

I think the questions are fine. some of the sport ones are a bit harder, but i got most of them. and i don't know much about sport.

i don't think people should be allowed to submit on their own to be allocated a spot, people want to do this with their friends, and inter-year teams are allowed, right?

Yeah, let the people choose what countries. But obviously we'll have to keep a list, so there aren't teams doubling up on countries.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 am

I'm happy to make announcements, posteres, etc.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:34 am

oh yeah, i can make posters and forms too
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:43 am

Alright agreed. People have to have formed groups of their own (and of course inter-year teams are allowed!)

Alright, people can choose countries, but they'll have to make sure we don't get two teams with the same country. Maybe list first three in preference? That way, we can give higher preference to those who hand their forms in earlier and make sure each group has a different country.

Entry is $20 per team, or $2.50 per person.

I'll write up a draft form this weekend and post it on the forum, so you can feed back on it.

Did someone make an announcement today about this?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:48 am

How's this for a draft entry form - what else does it need?

Fort St High School Student Trivia Night Entry Form

Names of people in group: Roll Call Class

Please nominate three countries (in order or preference) as your team’s theme:

1. _______________________
    2. _______________________
    3. _______________________

The trivia night will be held from 5:00 – 7:00pm in the school hall on Friday 12 November.

Please pay $20 for your table ($2.50 per person) at the front office by __________ (when?)

Also how will we keep track of their payment? Should we ask them to attach the receipt to the entry form? And if do, should we make sure they make one whole payment as opposed to eight smaller ones?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 am

Ask them to attach the receipt with the entry form, it would make so much more convenient for us

Also on a totally unrelated topic, next time we're collecting money in roll call, wouldn't it be a lot easier if we did it by areas, for example 3rd level of wilkins blah blah, rather than going by roll call classes. Just a thought.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:42 pm

That's exactly what I've done - the roster I've got allocates two people to two roll call rooms which will be right next to each other.

I would post it up but I'm pretty sure that from next term the Year 11s (who will become Year 12s) will move out of SRC Roll Call into separate roll call classes... So sad... Ahh.

So I don't know how the roll call classes will work out, but I suppose we'll see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:38 am