Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+9
hannah harmelin
kalculator
Leya Reid
koolkat
Jacob
Aliasgher
Carlo
yunalee
Harriet
13 posters

For questions commitee members.

hannah harmelin

For questions commitee members. - Page 5 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  hannah harmelin Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 am

thats fine, make it a bit challenging
    Carlo

For questions commitee members. - Page 5 Empty Re: For questions commitee members.

Post  Carlo Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:33 am

I thought I should post this now, while I still remember. Teams should be given points for best table + costumes?
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:54 am

romaan, i sent you the famous faces.

also carlo, great idea.
    +___ points for best table?
    +___ best costume?

do you mean the table who wins that night for best table?
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:03 pm

yunalee wrote:romaan, i sent you the famous faces.

also carlo, great idea.
    +___ points for best table?
    +___ best costume?

do you mean the table who wins that night for best table?
    are the tables supposed to get decorated by the teams???
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 am

I don't think that decorating your table was on the entry form and i haven't b een saying it at all of the announcements and stuff...
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 am

I don't think they have to decorate the table, just dress up.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:41 am

It won't be something separate but probably it should be a big contributing factor towards best table?
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Post  Jaymin Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 am

So should we get the prizes committee to make prizes for best decorated table?
    Better put that up in the announcements if that's gonna be the case.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 am

Nah. No prizes. But the best table overall will get points, I would think. Mostly costumes would contribute towards that, but if they've happened to spice up their table, I think that should add towards it. They don't have to, of course.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 am

Questions Committee!! I need that time plan!! Pretty please! bounce
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 am

Ok Assuming it starts at 5pm

1st Round Pop Culture - 5:05pm

2nd Round Sport - 5:20pm

Sudoku, US States and Famous Faces handed out - 5:20pm

3rd Round Geography and History - 5:40pm

Break - 20 - 30 mins

4th Round Literature - 6:00pm

5th Round Fort St - 6:20pm

Famous Faces Collected - 6:35pm

6th Round General Knowledge - 6:40pm

Sudoku, US States collected - 7:00pm

Results announced 7:10pm??

Will that do Carlo?
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 pm

koolkat wrote:Ok Assuming it starts at 5pm

1st Round Pop Culture - 5:05pm

2nd Round Sport - 5:20pm

Sudoku, US States and Famous Faces handed out - 5:20pm

3rd Round Geography and History - 5:40pm

Break - 20 - 30 mins

4th Round Literature - 6:00pm

5th Round Fort St - 6:20pm

Famous Faces Collected - 6:35pm

6th Round General Knowledge - 6:40pm

Sudoku, US States collected - 7:00pm

Results announced 7:10pm??

Will that do Carlo?

doesn't it end at 7?
    And should we tell people to get to the hall by quarter to 5? That way they can all be seated by 5 and we can start and also if there are any late comers then the lates will be there by 5ish?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah there needs to be a bit more time at the end... but it shouldn't take 15 minutes per round, surely? Could we have the famous faces, sudoku and US states put on the tables to start with, perhaps?

Also, to make it easier for marking, maybe the different sheets should be collected a bit earlier. Which do you think would be done first? I suppose it depends on the difficulty of the sudoku, but let's say that US States are finished first (because they are a set number and it's more about memory than figuring things out, which might take more time). Also they'd have the time in the break to do the games if they wanted.

I think that you could possibly run the night a bit more like this - feel free to disagree/re-edit:

Start (Sudoku, US States and Famous Faces are on tables already) - 5:00pm
    1st Round Pop Culture - 5:10pm (Just in case people are a bit late, and also so you can talk - about rules, etc. - at the beginning if necessary)
    2nd Round Sport - 5:20pm [1st Round is being collected and marked]
    3rd Round Geography and History - 5:30pm [2nd Round is being collected and marked]
    Break - 20 mins - 5:40pm [First 3 Rounds should all be collected and marked by the end of this break. Perhaps this will be a switch in shifts?]
    US States Collected - 6:00pm
    4th Round Literature - 6:05pm [US States is marked]
    5th Round Fort St - 6:15pm [4th Round is being collected and marked]
    Famous Faces Collected - 6:25pm [5th Round is collected with Famous Faces]
    6th Round General Knowledge - 6:30pm [5th Round is being marked]
    Sudoku Collected - 6:40pm [Famous Faces is being marked, 6th Round is being collected with Sudoku]
    Break/People need something interesting to pass the time while we mark! - 6:45pm [6th Round and Sudoku is being marked]
    Results announced - 6:55, that way it can definitely finish by 7.

To speed things up we'll allocate SRC members to the task of going around to tables and collecting answer sheets so we don't waste time with people rushing to the front (I think the markers will be on the stage?) after each round. Perhaps some people from SRC could try completing one round some time soon and time how long it takes, so we get an idea of whether or not this time plan is right? It'd be terrible if we're left with HEAPS of spare time to fill - or worse - we run overtime.

In terms of marking, I'll make sure Chris puts people up for that role, but is anyone keen on being a marker? I think I already had interest from Yuna and Leya. Whoever is a marker will need to be quick, efficient and accurate. It'd be great to have each marker marking no more than two teams, ie at least 5 markers. If we can get one marker per team, that'd be excellent - of course, we can swap people in and out of marking. Also someone needs to be the whiteboard monitor (putting up scores etc) which can also be a shift role and of course Romaan is reading the questions - although if you want to swap halfway through, feel free! (Although you probably don't Razz)

And are we not having any mini games? We could have one right at the end to pass the time while we mark the other answers... and do you think people would be thankful for the break, or would be bored and wanting to move onto the next round? If the latter, we could fit another mini game there. Just saying.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:13 pm

I think that we should swap the collection times of the Famous Faces and US States but other than that it sounds great.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Alright cool Smile I think that time plan is really good...If we do think we are going to run overtime we could always shorten the breaks?

Can I please be a marker or whiteboard guy?
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey guys, 1 question does anyone actually know how many teams there are so far. Because as far as i know there are not many.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 am

Theres one from my grade done already i think they've handed it in and there was another one getting built im not sure what happened to it though...they were supposed to be versing each other...im probably going to ask them tomorrow and urge them to hand their form in Smile
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 am

Nice, i dont think there are any teams from year 7
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 am

shame on them Razz jokes
    my grades coming back from camp that day and they're coming Razz

you're quick at replying vish Smile

Carlo, when are the forms due in by?
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 am

koolkat wrote:I think that we should swap the collection times of the Famous Faces and US States but other than that it sounds great.

Actually, i reckon thats fine because the US states will take longer to do seeing as they have to think of 50 and it'll take longer to guess the US states than the famous faces?
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 am

thats because i have the forum on at all times after school. LOL!
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 am

hey crystal which guys?

Last edited by Vish on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    crystal

Post  crystal Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 am

there were some year 7 boys that wanted to compete in trivia night but they were thrown off by the fact that they would be competing against older grades and thought they would be beaten by the older grades.
    crystal

Post  crystal Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 am

Vish , it's the boys in 7T/R.
    Justin , Spencer , Matt etc.
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 am

oh...(dam) hmmm well... theres food?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 pm