Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

4 posters

GAMES COMMITTEE

Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

GAMES COMMITTEE Empty GAMES COMMITTEE

Post  Jess-tacy Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:13 am

LIMBOOO

and remember to purchase prizes
    Olgasaurus

GAMES COMMITTEE Empty Providing/Selling Masks to Support Masquerade Theme

Post  Olgasaurus Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:20 am

Hey guys,

I'm not in the games committee but the decorations committee came up with a build-a-mask idea to go with the theme of masquerade. We can sell blank masks (either with elastic or a holding stick) and provide decorations (i.e. feathers, pipe cleaners, stickers, etc.) and glue for people to make their masks. I don't think that many people will show up with masks on the night, so it'd be good to set this up so that the theme is supported a bit more.

I'm sure most kids would rather spend their money on drinks, jelly and gelato though so we can either give these masks out for free (which might cause us to end up with a loss, rather than a profit) or sell them for a really cheap price - say, 50c. That depends on how much it would cost to get the masks and decorations though, and so far I haven't been able to find them anywhere. So please look around for packets of blank masks - something like 10 for $2.
    To get people to do this, we can say they have to have a mask to enter but that's not really an option unless we're giving them out for free. Other problems are that they may get in the way and people will just throw them out, but if we don't do this then there probably won't be many masks on the day.

CONCLUSION: The best idea I can think of is that we give out free basic masks and get them to pay a small price for certain amounts of decorations - that would stop them from wasting decorations and would land us with a profit because we'd buy decorations in packets and they'd be paying for a few single pieces. And to stop people chucking their masks out and to give them the initiative to make good masks, we can offer a prize for the best mask at the end of the night!
    Sounds like a good idea? I think so.

If we don't end up finding cheap masks, we can just cut them out of cardboard -
    Pro: lots of different colours!!!
    Con: It's annoying to cut out the eyes and we can't use shoddily made ones and it will take a lot of time

Oh, and the other day I came across some great santa stockings filled with chocolates for $6 at kmart which would be great prizes for this and the other games you're planning.

Cheers,
    Olga
    Aliasgher

GAMES COMMITTEE Empty Re: GAMES COMMITTEE

Post  Aliasgher Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 am

i reckon thats a good idea and all like the decorrations and stuff but i reckon we should sell the masks even if its really cheaps cause i reckon some ppl will just get the masks and thts it and not many people will buy the decos. even if there is a prize...
    JameS

GAMES COMMITTEE Empty Games

Post  JameS Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:22 am

Olga
    Personally I am unsure about the making masks idea but it might work depends on how many people come.
    Also these are the games we are doing on wednesday.

Limbo
    Trivia
    Musical Girls
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 pm

James, you know for the trivia thingy i was thinking of having a time limit so that people don't take ages answering or just wait till everyone is done and then go with the most popular or something like that and it might go a bit quicker?
    Olgasaurus

Post  Olgasaurus Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Haha Musical Girls sounds great! Why didn't we ever think of that before?
    And if we don't do the masks then hardly anyone will bring masks and the theme will just be ignored. I think some people will want masks but we should give the basic mask out for free and then let them spend money on decorations if they want to.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 pm

yh ok that sounds good Smile i still think maybe we should sell the masks for like 20c or something at least we can get some profit i don't know though Razz
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I'll have a look on monday night for you guys!- the masks
    JameS

Post  JameS Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:15 am

Yeah Ali
    That is a good idea i will take that into consideration.
    no actually we would probably do that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 pm