Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+3
Carlo
Jess-tacy
charizard
7 posters

Uniform Committee!

charizard

Uniform Committee!  Empty Uniform Committee!

Post  charizard Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Guys. Next year we really want to focus on making an actual change to the uniforms. we're looking at changing the PE uniform first because that's the one that we hear most complaints about. But I suppose while we're at it, we can look at new items to add! such as sportsbags, cardigans, trackies, earrings! Smile What are your thoughts? also, this committee is open to everyone, so if you know anyone who is passionate about changing the uniform, or you yourself are, come along to meetings at thursday recess in the staff common room. poppy, Ali and I have been checking out several manufacturers for uniforms. if you know any good ones, or any at all actually, could you give us their number? also, if you have fun siblings that have fun pe uniforms, could you bring them in so we can look at who what materials it is and who the manufacturers are? thanks Smile
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Uniform Committee!  Empty Re: Uniform Committee!

Post  Jess-tacy Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Good job!

There are some comments on Facebook, not that you'd know, but i think if someone posted a poll or a discussion on facebook you'll get more feedback.

Just rememeber to get anything done with Ms Moxham, you need to have a plan all sorted out. She doesn like and idea, she needs details etc, and this way she'll be glad to help out...

Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:10 am

Here's a copy and paste from the Facebook thread for those who don't have Facebook:

Carlo Antonioli
    There have been a lot of complaints floating about regarding the school uniform.

Ms Moxham says that we can discuss alternatives as long as we know what the specific issues with the uniform are and justify why they need to be addressed.

We do have a uniform committee in the SRC but we need your suggestions to identify the issues! Please leave ideas here. Thanks!
    about 2 months ago

Andrew Mason
    alright, you want student input? this is my input. sorry to be boring.
    In My Opinion <--------------- the fort street uniform is just fine. the boys can look either casual and relaxed or damned spiffing, and they can wear any shoes they want so long as they are black. the shirts are comfortable and the jumpers are really warm (i actually wear mine on the weekend occasionally). i cant make a statement about how comfortable the girls uniforms are, but i think that they look super (maybe thats just the girls in them..whatever).
    I don't see any problem whatsoever with having a uniform, and as uniforms go, ours does its job really well - it allows students to easily identify with their peers and with the school as a whole. i am speaking for myself but i do feel proud to walk to school and around the city wearing my maroon jumper.
    So basically yeah, i have no issues at all regarding the uniform. My 2c worth.
    about 2 months ago

Mikayla Jane
    I think that it would be really cool if the girls' skirts had pockets. Not just that pseudo-pocket thingy that makes it looks like you're about to take it off when you're trying to get to the pocket. Somewhere where we can store things in instead of letting the valuables be bashed up in the bottom of the bag. That's what I think.
    about a month ago

Mak Hadzimejlic
    i agree with andrew
    i think the boys uniform is fine
    there are vests, jumpers, long sleeve shirts, normal shirts
    they're all comfortable
    i think the uniform should remain as it is
    about a month ago

Carlo Antonioli
    Thanks for your contributions guys!
    It'd help to have more people post, though - one simple suggestion about pockets is surely not the ONLY thing people are thinking!
    about a month ago

Mak Hadzimejlic
    i actually never thought about the uniform until i read this discussion
    thank sfor bringing it to my attention anyways
    about a month ago

Hayley Melville
    the girls shirts are designed for really fat short people with really long arms so thats why a lot of us don't wear them. the ones that we bought in year 7 were a different design and much much better so they should get those ones back.

about a month ago

Otis Tanner
    Those pants are what cause my problems. They're designed in such a way that they don't completely cover your legs and they don't fit your waist and they are uncomfortable when you sit down and don't block the wind. My biggest problem with the uniform is the lack of lenience. I feel like everyone would be happier with an approximation of uniform, something like Blackwattle, it's "white shirt, black trousers" and "white shirt, blue skirt." There's no specifics and as such one can wear the clothes that they are comfortable in, or that they can afford (which i think is also an issue). Also the jumpers aren't cool, a lot of the clothes are shapeless, it's impossible to move around in the school shirts.
    about a month ago
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1479265694&v=photos&viewas=502269085#!/note.php?note_id=144682328912861&comments

hokay so i made a new note just to get fresh opinions. i think the vote for trackies is very popular amoung our year. (not just with these lads)

so yup. trackies?
    charizard

Post  charizard Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 am

you need to tell them they'll only be allowed to wear them during sport though. I dont think they'll be as fond of the idea once moxy says rara only during sport kids! but I suppor there's no harm in suggesting it.
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 am

sure, i can add it the the message but i dont think they'll be particularly happy. we dont really know for sure that they'll only be available for PE wear so i think we should put the idea past ms moxham and see what she says before telling them about possible restrictions.
    Connor

Post  Connor Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

Just another idea to think about that me and Hugh discussed. The boys shorts are a bit naff. There is reason why almost no-one but year 7s wear them! Maybe if we could have a more sport style kind of shorts so lighter and not so thick would be great.
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 am

what connor said about the shorts should apply to the pe gear shorts as well.the pe gear is pretty bad compared to other schools. I think a while ago poppy got a site for new pe shorts that could work. Just saying that i think alot of people dislike the pe uniform.

Harriet

Post  Harriet Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 am

Ha, good luck to Otis getting a "lenient" uniform at Fort Street!
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:00 pm

I think we're going to start with the sport uniform. if that goes well, we'll start working on cardigans/school shirts/shorts etc.

REMEMBER: thursday recess = UNIFORM COMMITTEE MEETINGS in the fountain quad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 am