Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+11
Jess-tacy
Kayla :)
hannah harmelin
Schmoll:-)
Aliasgher
crystal
Jaymin
Carlo
fruitlooops
yunalee
Vish
15 posters

Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Vish

Post your ideas for this or next year here! Empty Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Post  Vish Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am

Hey guys,

I just wanted to make this thread because I think we go off track a little bit at SRC meetings on Monday so, I made this thread so we can all post our thoughts, ideas etc for next year. (I asked Carlo before I made this)

Thanks,
    Vish
    yunalee

Post your ideas for this or next year here! Empty Re: Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Post  yunalee Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am

well i have excellent ideas for publicity next year for the rose drive. but that's kind of irrelevant atm
    fruitlooops

Post your ideas for this or next year here! Empty Re: Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Post  fruitlooops Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 am

Sorry this is off topic but VISH, you're going to be a great SRC member Smile
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 am

kool thanks
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:01 am

Ngaww how cute. But yes Vish, good on you for doing this! You're absolutely right - there's not enough time on Mondays to talk about absolutely everything.

So... I was thinking the SRC should have some sort of physical suggestion box. That may not even be next year - we could start it this year, as long as someone brings in a box! Importantly, it must only be openable by SRC members (a lock of some sort maybe?), the slit for posting things in must be only thin enough to admit slips of paper (so that people don't stuff other crap in it), it should be in a place where it can't be removed (in case people feel like being clever) and should be in a place easily accessible where it's clearly identified (it should have 'SRC Suggestion Box' written on it, and hopefully should look pretty). Anyone have/know of a box that is suitable...?
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:45 am

Cool, I reckon the Cohen office or Rowe would be a sweet spot to put it.

and um, for that EOFYS dance idea we had I was thinking maybe we should have like a start of Spring dance? Wink Not sure, sounded cooler in my head Smile
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Well im going to finish pretty quickly for my wood tech assignment this year so if i can collect scrap wood, ill try and make a small box in my spare time.
    Jaymin
    Jaymin

Post  Jaymin Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 am

Sweet vish! Smile

The offices would be a good place to put the suggestion boxes, because that would curb most people's attempts to slip *something* into the suggestions box unnoticed.

Also, should we establish someone in the SRC to be in charge of the box and sort its contents?
    Vish

Post  Vish Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 am

I will, or atleast another year 7 because year 7's are kind of being shy so one of the year 7's could or alternate every week.
    crystal

Post  crystal Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 am

Yeah I don't mind alternating with someone every week.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 am

I don't mind doing it either Smile
    Schmoll:-)

Post  Schmoll:-) Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 am

Hey
    I just had a thought about our 40 hour famine issue, with people not returning money and such.
    What about putting a "List of Shame" of people who haven't returned their money, kind of like what they do with sport truants? I think that may work because friends of a person whose name is on the list would remind them.
    Just a suggestion Surprised
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 am

i personally don't like the idea of a list of shame. i don't think it would work effectively.

i think that our annual end of year dance this year should be themed 'MADMEN'. that is a sick idea, and im sure poppy would love it.
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 am

On the topic of the annual dance - people have been suggesting an 80s dance which sounds pretty rad
    Vish

Post  Vish Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 am

Daniel,
    I don't reckon that would work because some people would take the list offensively but others might take it as a joke. Also I don't think some people will try and bring the money in because they might not care about it. So it kind of sends mixed messages to people. Cool suggestion though.
    Vish
    Vish

Post  Vish Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

Sorry for the 2nd comment. I reckon that a Superhero theme would be really cool.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 am

sorry man but superhero is old. we've done that for SRC camp last year and i think mad men or 80s sound rad.
    Vish

Post  Vish Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:49 am

oh dam! Anyways Madmen or 80's are pretty awesome
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:15 am

Mad Men as in the TV show? Then it would be 60's. That and 80s both sound good

Post your ideas for this or next year here! Empty 24 hour famine booklets

Post  Kayla :) Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 am

For the problem with the 40 hour famine booklets, I quite like the idea which was raised at the SRC meeting this Monday, about handing in a permission slip before recieving a booklet. Most people who didn't return their booklets either lost them or didn't raise any money so I think this idea would be great for saving money with the booklets. :]
    Vish

Post  Vish Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 am

Yeah. Also some people got the booklet even though they weren't sure if they were going to follow through. So they just threw the booklet in the bin because they didn't actually do it so yes they should get signed permission slips. Also another reason to back this up is as suggested by one of our other SRC members is that if someone cannot be bothered to get a signature on a piece of paper then they probably can't be bothered to actually do the 40 Hour Famine.
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Vish,
    I'm amazed and so proud that you've planned so far ahead and made this topic. you are amazing!!
    Vish

Post  Vish Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 pm

YAY!!!
    charizard

Post  charizard Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:06 pm

GG VISH! you're so cool! Smile
    and I think if we get a list of ppl who haven't handed in their famine money from the pagglenator, we could easily go around to rollcalls and just tell them in person. cos the announcements and stuff kindof go through one ear an out the other nowadays because they're always the same thing. so yeah Smile
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:13 am

I think Pagani sent the cheque off today, so there's probably no use any more... ugh. But you know, we should still collect it anyway and see if we can send it off as a separate donations, because those evil people who still have booklets and money shouldn't be allowed to get away with this horrible crime.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 am