Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+11
Jess-tacy
Kayla :)
hannah harmelin
Schmoll:-)
Aliasgher
crystal
Jaymin
Carlo
fruitlooops
yunalee
Vish
15 posters

Post your ideas for this or next year here!

yunalee

Post your ideas for this or next year here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Post  yunalee Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 am

I WAS JUST THINKING OF THE GREATEST IDEA.
    WHAT ABOUT A CANDY CANE DRIVE? THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. LIKE IN MEAN GIRLS.
    AND WE CAN HAVE A SANTA CLAUS AND HE GIES AROUND WITH HIS ELF HELPERS TO GIVE OUT CANDY CANES TO EVERYONE. WE CAN HAVE A CHRISTMAS SOCK THING FOR EACH ROLL CALL CLASS AND GIVE THEM OUT DURING THEIR CLASSES.
    fruitlooops

Post your ideas for this or next year here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post your ideas for this or next year here!

Post  fruitlooops Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 am

YUS, I LOVE THE CANDY CANE DRIVE IDEA! I thought there would be one last year but there wasn't and I was highly disappointed Sad
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 am

The candy cane drive idea has been brought up many times and is something that our executive was also interested in. As fun as it sounds, Ms Moxham tells us that we aren't allowed to sell them due to health issues - this was the same case for a possible Easter Egg drive. So yeah, unfortunately we can't do that.
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 am

there is something i want to say but i really shouldnt!!!
    fruitlooops

Post  fruitlooops Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 am

We're all thinking it Vish! Unless you're not thinking what I'm thinking..
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 am

lol. this is an update on the SRC Suggestion box. I am nearly done, i just need to paint my box and lacker it and should be done soon. Also do we want it to have a slit on the top or just the sliding lid because it already has a sliding lid by assessment default.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 am

Slit would be good if possible. My god, Vish, you're excellent.
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Ok i can do that. And thanks
    michael-au

Post  michael-au Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 am

I'm not sure whether the Environmental Commitee is doing this but I would really like to see new and better water bubblers being made. You can literally see green stuff (moss or algae) growing in the tap and leaves and other debris always get into the bubblers. Some schools have covers which close and lock ontop of the water bubblers to prevent debris falling into it after school hours but something needs to be done because a large population of our school depend on the bubblers for water. I think this goes under the 'infrastructure comitee thread' but I see none there. Ms Moxham talks about 'health issues'. I think this would be a major one.
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 pm

michael-au wrote:I'm not sure whether the Environmental Commitee is doing this but I would really like to see new and better water bubblers being made. You can literally see green stuff (moss or algae) growing in the tap and leaves and other debris always get into the bubblers. Some schools have covers which close and lock ontop of the water bubblers to prevent debris falling into it after school hours but something needs to be done because a large population of our school depend on the bubblers for water. I think this goes under the 'infrastructure comitee thread' but I see none there. Ms Moxham talks about 'health issues'. I think this would be a major one.
    Yeh, we are trying to get better bubblers along with other things, but we've got to get the money first, we're really short on money...we're meeting with ms. moxham soon to get approval for some stuff, but it's going to take a while before we can actually get new bubblers because of money and stuff
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm

i don't think new bubblers is necessary, they would prob be in a good condition if someone cleaned them. If the environment committee were going to get something new. the covers Michael was talking about would be cheaper then new bubblers.
    michael-au

Post  michael-au Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 am

Joel wrote:i don't think new bubblers is necessary, they would prob be in a good condition if someone cleaned them. If the environment committee were going to get something new. the covers Michael was talking about would be cheaper then new bubblers.

Yes, I guess you're right. The bubblers are functionally properly. What I would suggest is to call professional maintenance to clean the bubblers in and out and get some of the covers. Probably an 'update' instead of an 'upgrade'. If there are any other sort of item which can prevent the bubblers from getting dirty, I would be very interested in finding out because the covers only protect the bubblers during after-school hours.
    Vish

Post  Vish Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am

i dont think there is anything else we can do other than advising people not to wreck the bubblers
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:58 am

i dont think this is a people problem as such, but more of an environmental issue. It was growing algae or something as michael said. so i think the solution would be to fit some protection onto the bubblers and clean them on the occasion,
    Vish

Post  Vish Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 am

i guess so
    (I just realised this is my 50th post yay!!!)
    charizard

Post  charizard Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:10 am

Hey guys! make sure that the SRC members in each grade have a brief SRC report in all the year meetings. and instead of trying to think of things ourselves (which is still cool), ask what they want changed in the school. or tell them to put suggestions in the src letterbox. Which we will soon have thanks to VISH! WOO! you're a champ!
    Vish

Post  Vish Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:32 am

K thats what the year 7's are going to do. and Thanks
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 am

rather than bubblers we need to focus on the taps in bathrooms around the school! it is appalling to see most girls walk past dripping taps in bathrooms. as olga said in src camp, those automatic tap thingos would be more environmentally friendly and waste less water:)
    michael-au

Post  michael-au Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 am

I reckon we should focus on bubblers first. This is a health issue people. We drink from it every day and birds have their baths in it and algae reproduce 24/7 under the warm baking sun. Gastroenteritis could be the next out break! Having new taps is also a necessity. The environmental comittee which have brought up this idea said that Ms. Moxham said it was too expensive. 5000 to replace the plumbing as well but I dont understand how is that expensive if she spent 3000 on aboriginal dot paintings :\

As I discussed with Michael Nguyen, Aliasgher and other members, we would like to see a path linking the canteen area to the Rowe buildings. Where the gate blocks easy access and heaps of people jump over to take the 'short cut' instead of taking the long stairs which spiral up to the top. I believe this topic has been brought up at SRC camp. If we would do this, I reckon it would take ages with all the processes and stuff with Ms. Moxham. 2 years I reckon.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 am

If talking to Ms Moxham doesn't work, this issue should be brought straight to the School Council. John Vassil, Connor Pearce and Carol Li, this means you! Since this could pose as a health risk it's an important point.

Oh wait, the School Council meeting was tonight, wasn't it? Bummer. Bring it up at the December meeting if you can. Thank you!
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

michael-au wrote:I reckon we should focus on bubblers first. This is a health issue people. We drink from it every day and birds have their baths in it and algae reproduce 24/7 under the warm baking sun. Gastroenteritis could be the next out break! Having new taps is also a necessity. The environmental comittee which have brought up this idea said that Ms. Moxham said it was too expensive. 5000 to replace the plumbing as well but I dont understand how is that expensive if she spent 3000 on aboriginal dot paintings :\

As I discussed with Michael Nguyen, Aliasgher and other members, we would like to see a path linking the canteen area to the Rowe buildings. Where the gate blocks easy access and heaps of people jump over to take the 'short cut' instead of taking the long stairs which spiral up to the top. I believe this topic has been brought up at SRC camp. If we would do this, I reckon it would take ages with all the processes and stuff with Ms. Moxham. 2 years I reckon.

Its not ms. Moxham who has said its too expensive, we haven't actually asked her about it as such only kind of run it past her. Its the environment committee which doesn't have the funds to do it...Anyway, as Carlo said, maybe bring it up at a school council meeting, it would probably get done quicker if they were involved.
    caarolminhwan
    caarolminhwan

Post  caarolminhwan Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 pm

So firstly:
    As we mentioned before, we have the Fort Street High School Cookbook going on which will be sold around Mother's Day next year. Me and Harriet started a facebook event, so can you please all check your invitations and submit your favourite recipes!
    And everything for that is running smoothly, Harriet talked to Ms Moxham yesterday I think and we have a meeting tomorrow. We'll like to mention it at SRC meetings, but like Vish said, we always get off topic or run out of time.

Bubblers matter: I think we need to talk to Moxham about it first, and bringing that topic up at SRC meetings because I think this will need a lot of thought/consideration cause we're asking for a lot. So I can see Ms Moxham if you want about that issue, but I'll need more information besides that.
    Smile
    Aliasgher

Post  Aliasgher Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 am

caarolminhwan wrote:So firstly:
    As we mentioned before, we have the Fort Street High School Cookbook going on which will be sold around Mother's Day next year. Me and Harriet started a facebook event, so can you please all check your invitations and submit your favourite recipes!
    And everything for that is running smoothly, Harriet talked to Ms Moxham yesterday I think and we have a meeting tomorrow. We'll like to mention it at SRC meetings, but like Vish said, we always get off topic or run out of time.

Bubblers matter: I think we need to talk to Moxham about it first, and bringing that topic up at SRC meetings because I think this will need a lot of thought/consideration cause we're asking for a lot. So I can see Ms Moxham if you want about that issue, but I'll need more information besides that.
    Smile

The Environment Committee is currently working on that issue, but we can kind of collaborate our ideas with that if we want? Smile
    Joel
    Joel

Post  Joel Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 am

regarding the path between rowe and canteen. we said on src camp that it is stupid to have a gate thing there if the school wasn't actually going to take action and chuck in some stairs there so students could access it without getting in trouble for it.

And the aboriginal painting. Moxham might have an issue with us being on the aborigine's land without making something to acknowledge it (not counting the intro of assemblies.)

And bubblers/taps. they are both important issues. It's one of those things that comes down to effectiveness and costs. which one is more beneficial for environment and school etc.
    michael-au

Post  michael-au Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 am

From Joel:
    ...And bubblers/taps. they are both important issues. It's one of those things that comes down to effectiveness and costs. which one is more beneficial for environment and school etc.

I think the environmental committee would enquire into that.

Furthermore, I would like to see reform in the SRC Constitution. The current SRC Constitution is more like a pledge. I was thinking that we should have a flowchart of some sort which specifically states what we would have to do to pass a proposal. Just like an Act of Parliament (how it firsts goes through the lower house, then upper house then finally governor general)! This would make proposals pass through much more efficiently.

So at the moment I believe:

1. A proposal is made and is posted onto Forumotion
    2. Other SRC consider it's effectiveness. If not, go back to 1.
    3. Proposal becomes part of an agenda, discussed in meetings. Vote/Favor/Discussion. SRC Executive passes proposal. If not, go back to 1.
    4. Full detail of the proposal is made, collaborated and passed onto SRC Council. If not, go back to 1.
    5. SRC Council visits Ms. Moxham. Ms. Moxham asks questions. If not, go back to 4 (for detials to be changed). Then go back to 1 if not possible.
    6. Ms. Moxham passes proposal. If not, go back to 1.

So very often, our proposals are usually back-fired at us by Ms. Moxham asking questions at us so preparing is a necessity.
    *If I'm not correct, please correct me please!*
    This issue of reform in the processing of proposal is not that significant. One or two people can easily complete this. I'm just suggesting that it sets a guideline for SRC members to provide their ideas and see it being passed by Moxham by the end of the day (metaphorically).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am