Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+4
Carlo
yunalee
Harriet
hannah harmelin
8 posters

Prizes committee! for trivia night

hannah harmelin

Prizes committee! for trivia night Empty Prizes committee! for trivia night

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 am

WELL.
    I think so far there are three of us in this committee...
    Anyway,

The prizes need to be divisible by whatever number the [logistics committee?] decide will be the number of the groups, so third prize will probably end up being a small bag of lollies for each person?

We could get some of those crappy yet awesome medals that I remember getting in primary school at athletics carnivals and stuff, you know, those little plastic ones with a colourful ribbon...

Any other ideas?
    Harriet

Prizes committee! for trivia night Empty Re: Prizes committee! for trivia night

Post  Harriet Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:37 am

Well everyone likes chocolate?
    I think there has to be some quality chocolate in the first prize basket.
    Either Lindt or some good old fair trade Cadbury goodness.

The prize for first place should be something cool to do with the school like they get free lunch from the canteen once a week for 3 weeks..
    Something everyone wants and would appreciate.
    Maybe they could like.. egg Pagas or something.

Don't do gift cards because then you have to get one for every member of the team.
    Unless it was a voucher for a free Boost or something like that.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:41 am

Wow harriet we're on the forum at the same time!!!

Anyway, yeah, gift cards are a waste of time to organise especially if it's for 10 people so everyone only gets $5 or something.

chocolate is good. I think the canteen thing is a good idea, and I'm all for egging pagani but I doubt he would be.
    If we were going to do the free meals at the canteen thing, i reckon we should make cards with '14 free canteen meal' things on them, so whoever wins doesn't just go to the canteen 500 times in one recess.

But its a good idea sunny
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 am

guys guys, get milka chocolate. its only sold at kmart but it is the most amazing chocolate ever. its made in switzerland or something. quality chocolate it is.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:46 am

You know what, there are FOUR people on the forum at once! That's actually amazing! Haha

Good suggestions, I like Hannah's idea that third should be bag of lollies and you should make it better for each prize above it. The canteen prize seems like a cool idea but you'd have to make sure it's possible and also that people would actually want that prize...

Also I agree that we should do without gift cards. We should avoid having to spend money. Then again, we could always ask (kindly) for donations... If any of you can get in contact with people... You do have to bear in mind how many people there may be in each team and that will affect the 'quality' of the prize.
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:49 am

WOW SO MANY PEOPLE ON THE FORUM!!!
    MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!!!
    [head rolling around on floor]

anyway.
    harriet can you ask the canteen people if they would be willing?
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:43 am

I think we'd have to make some sort of contribution..
    The canteen can't afford 30 free meals..
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:23 am

So, prizes prizes prizes.

Do you guys think that us making cakes/biscuits/food would be good as a prize?
    I can't really think of anything other than lollies...
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 am

The prize could just be a big basket of chocolates/lollies. Is there just the first prize or are we having second/third/creativity etc.? If there is a second prize you could just give a smaller basket (than the first prize)
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:52 am

remember though, we have to be able to divide the prize into 8 (number of people on the team)

food is a really good idea i think, but should we just put the set amounts into plastic bags or something to divide them?
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 am

I think just give them a gigantic basket full of muffins and savoury things and they'll be fine.
    As long as there is 8 of each thing.
    * mini muffins, 8 big muffins, 8 biscuits, 8 CURRY PUFFS!!!! maybe 8 cans of some cool soft drink or asian drink?
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 am

what about a book voucher for kinokunya or something as well as food?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:59 am

The only thing about doing vouchers is we'll need 8 of them (one for every person in the group) and nobody really wants a $5 book voucher, because they still have to pay...
    Also vouchers are expensive Sad
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:33 am

We could look into getting some trophies manufactured?
    http://www.awardtrophies.com.au/
    check out the business achievement ones, and the education ones.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:51 am

Trophies would be kind of difficult to share around 8 unless you got 8 little plastic cheap ones. Along with food. That could work
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 am

Yeah I was thinking one or two of us could head down to the shop and pick a type, buy 8 of them, and put them in the basket. If they're cheap we could buy 2nd and 3rd place ones too. Or maybe medals or something for 2 and ribbons for 3rd.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:29 am

Trophies are kind of wastey. They'll probably just get trashed or put somewhere obscure as soon as they get taken home. But I guess the novelty of having one is pretty cool. So so far we have decided on food, preferrably home made (was that mentioned?) and easily shared, and cheap tacky trophies. All in a basket.
    Out of interest, is anyone who's commenting on this thread or whatever it's called actually in the prizes committee?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 am

I am Very Happy

but my computer has been broken for nearly a week, and the forum is blocked on the school laptops Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, i think the trophies sound cool, and yeah it is a novelty so even if people throw them out (which they shouldn't) it's easier than vouchers or something.

and yes, homemade food
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:44 pm

What price range are we looknig at for the trophies?

For homemade food, what type of food? Cookies? Cake would be hard to split. And are we having savoury/asian food?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Okay, so I looked at some trophy shops and the websites, and I found a shop in West Lindfield that has medals (bronze silver gold) with a variety of ribbon colours (including maroon and white?) for $4.40 each.
    Is this too pricey? if we are charging $5 pp then it might not be so bad. (actually it would be $105.60 which is pretty expensive)
    OR
    We can get ribbons for 3rd and 2nd, and medals for 1st.
    OR
    We can just not have 3rd place at all
    OR
    3rd place just get a cupcake or something?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 pm

i was thinknig 1 place gets medals/trophies and food, and 2nd (possibly 3rd) just get food
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:54 pm

But food actually has some worth; like Leya's said, trophies are only symbols. You can't do anything with them. You can actually eat food...

So maybe food and trophy for first, lollies and medals for second and ribbons for third? Something like that?
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 am

I don't think we should give out ribbons. They're even more trashy than trophies.

1st- homemade food/lollies and trophies
    2nd- Homemade food/lollies
    3rd- Less homemade food/lollies
    All in baskets?

Does anyone know how to stop getting emails everytime someone comments on this forum? And what's wrong with the time on this? Or is every clock in my house wrong?
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 am

i don't know about the clock.
    yeah, the emails are pretty annoying.

...what's with the baskets? the people who get the prizes will just take their stuff out of the basket anyway. We could put the prizes in lollybag type things, or wrap them in cellophane or something.

but if we have cupcakes or cookies then baskets would help...
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:41 am

I just thought that the food would be a better incentive for first if we don't give it out for second and third.

You have to set the time yourself - go into settings to select your timezone.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm