Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+4
Carlo
yunalee
Harriet
hannah harmelin
8 posters

Prizes committee! for trivia night

Leya Reid

Prizes committee! for trivia night - Page 2 Empty Re: Prizes committee! for trivia night

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 am

Pardon my ignorance, but where is settings?

I like the cellophane idea. And you can't really get incentive if you don't know what prizes you're getting when you do the trivia anyway. I mean, it's not like we're going to parade the prizes before it starts.
    Carlo

Prizes committee! for trivia night - Page 2 Empty Re: Prizes committee! for trivia night

Post  Carlo Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50 am

Well I think we should let them know what the prizes are... or shouldn't we?

Settings is under 'Profile'
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 am

No that's silly. Have you ever been to a trivia night where they show you the prizes? Well in case you haven't, they just give the prizes at the end.
    ut I guess we could just put all the prizes on a table in view.
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am

I would suggest trophies and muffins etc for first, then just medals for second and ribbons for 3rd.
    It's not too expensive, it has the novelty of the trophies, and it gives a real incentive for first place.
    That's just my thoughts.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:12 am

I agree with Harriet.
    MOMO

Post  MOMO Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 am

I was thinking, how about coupons as a prize.
    It's just a concept...
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Okay, here is the (hopefully final) draft of prizes

1st place -

1 big cake and 8 forks (we can get the cake iced with 'Congratulations' or 'Trivia Champions' or something)
    8 cans drink
    8 medals (cheap ones from a trophy shop)

2nd place -

8 cans drink
    8 cupcakes (because people will have brought in cupcakes to sell)
    POSSIBLY ribbons if we can afford it

3rd place -

8 cupcakes

I can get the medals (and ribbons if we can get them), but since year 9 will be on camp until the day and year 10 have the school cert I think a year 8 will have to get the cake.
    I have no idea where you can get nice and not too expensive cakes.....
    drinks we have already (I think) and some of us will bring in cupcakes.

Last edited by hannah harmelin on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 am

I think that's great.
    I'll look into the cake ASAP.
    I think the easiest option would be Mezzapica cakes on Norton street or Michel's patisserie, but a cheaper option would be Bread Top.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:41 am

Mezzapica is good. Very Happy
    charizard

Post  charizard Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:09 am

You can give the winning table a whole lot of smarties! cos that's what they are if they win. Smile
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:21 am

Angie was saying at camp how maybe cake isn't the best prize because if people win and they've already bought cupcakes throughout the night then they might not want to eat another cake/cupcake. Thoughts?

I.e. maybe we should sell different things? Or think of a different prize?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 am

Very valid point. Maybe we should discuss at meeting?
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm

who the eff doesn't want more cake.
    sorry for swearing but i feel very strongly about this.

i'll need to know soon if you guys want me to contact mezzapica.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 am

Angela did bring this up again today - she said there were a group of people thinking of going but were put off by the prize... admittedly a cake is only going to be useful/bring you happiness for the short amount of time that you are eating it. Any other ideas... prizes committee should have discussed this a bit more fully by now!
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:12 am

Oh I was thinking, though this doesn't have that much to do with prizes, are we selling food throughout the night? Or just in the break?

Because it might get a bit messy.

And yes Carlo, we should have done more on this, but who else is in the prizes committee??

I think I'm going to buy the medals this weekend.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:17 am

Yeah, I think we're selling food during the whole night... I don't think it should be TOO messy, but then again, the SRC has always been great at dealing with mess.

The Prizes Committee is (allegedly):
    Hannah
    Charmaine
    Jerome
    Alex
    Jennifer

Except I only really notice Hannah doing most of the work... thank you for getting the medals - try and get the rest of your team going! Thanks. Very Happy
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 am

Oh yeah, another thing, should I get the medals to say 'FSHS Trivia Night Champions 2010' or something?

And should I 'donate' them?
    If it's not that expensive then I can.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:11 am

If it doesn't cost too much more, having 'FSHS Trivia Night' blah blah is great, because it probably looks a lot better than some plain old medal that could be from anywhere.

Donating them is overly kind - don't feel obliged to. If it really doesn't cost much and you're happy to, that'd be brilliant, but otherwise, don't worry - the SRC is happy to reimburse you.
    charizard

Post  charizard Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 pm

if the trivia night continues to be a yearly src event, we could get a plaque and engrave their team name on it or something. that would be cool, but I don't know if trivia night is going to be a yearly thing. I think that mad breadtop cake that looks like a dog would be cool!
    personally, I'd be more chuffed about my own little cupcake than having to share a cake.
    but we should probably finalize the prizes today at the meeting. also, we aren't publicizing the prize right?
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 am

i love the idea of the plaque
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 pm

First, thanks SO MUCH to Harriet and Carol for getting the canteen to donate us 8 x $10 vouchers as part of the first prize!
    I'm thinking that whoever comes first will get:
    canteen voucher
    own cupcake (chosen from those on sale?)
    ribbon with 'trivia winners' writing or something

I know we were planning on getting medals, but i asked at least 8 trophy shops and the cheapest medals cost $7.50 each, and I don't think we should spend $60 on just prizes for first place. So, I'm hoping to get either ribbons or rosettes with a message on them for first. BUT, since year 9 is going on camp this week, I might not be able to pick them up so someone else may have to. I'm probably ordering them from a shop in the city, so no big trek for anybody (except Joel).

second prize:
    own cupcake

third:
    recognition (because they only came third.)

what do you think?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm

First prize is probably now better than a cake, which is good, seeing as it offers some sort of choice. I wouldn't really know what other people would say though. But it's starting to become a little late to make amends to the prizes at this point in time...

But yes, thanks very much to Harriet and Carol!
    Jess-tacy
    Jess-tacy

Post  Jess-tacy Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:04 pm

I really think that Pagani's CDs are a good 2nd/3rd prize.Or 2nd and third can share on of those huge chubachup ( is that who you spell it?) packages
    hannah harmelin

Post  hannah harmelin Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm

okay, bad news guys Sad

I called some of the trophy shops, and it turns out they all expect at least 3 weeks notice before any order, because they usually don't have the products in stock and they have to order them in. And they can do an 'urgent' order, but it costs at least $30 extra, even just for 8 ribbons, which I really don't think is worth it.

So, unless anybody's parents can somehow conjure up some ribbons then I think we should go without them this year. And it's a learning experience for next time: finalise prizes more than a week before the night...

But our prizes sound much better now and I doubt any of the competitors will be cut up about it.

And I haven't seen any of the CDs but I'm sure they would make a great 2nd/3rd prize
    charizard

Post  charizard Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm

instead of ribbons we could give them a fun photo of paganis face doing thumbs up and have a caption saying congratz! I'd prefer that over a ribbon anyday. LOL! I think third should all get something other than recognition though. maybs buy them all a lollipop? or we could give them leftovers of what we don't sell?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 am