Fort St High School SRC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fort St High School SRC

Discuss and have fun!

+14
hannah harmelin
fruitlooops
MOMO
crystal
Harriet
Leya Reid
veronicaa
charizard
Vish
POPPY!
koolkat
yunalee
Aliasgher
Carlo
18 posters

Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!)

Carlo

Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!) Empty Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!)

Post  Carlo Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:39 am

Hi All,

Below is some (quite a lot) of information regarding the Trivia Night.

Here is a time plan for the evening:

Time Runners Whiteboard/Door Markers Judges Questions Master
    4:45pm Distribute Answer Sheets (1-3), Famous Faces, US States and Sudoku on tables Whiteboard set for scoring, guest list at door Answer sets (1-3) prepared Check powerpoint, mike etc are working
    4:50pm [Food/drink starts selling] People at door to check people entering Have people seated
    5:00pm People at door to check people entering Quick welcome, run through rules (when sheets will be collected etc)
    5:10pm Post at door finishes Judging of tables begins Round 1 - Pop Culture
    5:20pm Collect Round 1 Mark Round 1 Judging of tables continues Round 2 - Sport
    5:30pm Collect Round 2 Post Round 1 results Mark Round 2 Decide on best table Answers to Round 1, Round 3 - Geography/History
    5:40pm Collect Round 3 Post Round 2 results Mark Round 3 Break
    5:50pm Distribute Answer Sheets (4-6) Post Round 3 results Answer sets (4-6) prepared Answer sets (Famous Faces, US States, Sudoku) prepared Break continues
    6:00pm (Possible change in shifts for markers and runners) Collect Famous Faces Post best table results Mark Famous Faces Mark Famous Faces Answers to Rounds 2 and 3, announce best table and collection of Famous Faces
    6:05pm Post Running Totals Continue marking Famous Faces Continue marking Famous Faces Round 4 - Literature
    6:15pm Collect Round 4 Post Famous Faces results Mark Round 4 Answers to Famous Faces, Round 5 - Fort St
    6:25pm Collect Round 5 and US States Post Round 4 results Mark Round 5 Mark US States Answers to Round 4, announce collection of US States
    6:30pm Keep (but don't post) a running total Continue marking Round 5 Continue marking US States Answers to Round 5, Round 6 - General Knowledge
    6:40pm Collect Round 6 and Sudoku Post Round 5 and US States results Mark Round 6 Mark Sudoku Answers to US States, announce collection of Sudoku
    6:45pm Distribute evaluation forms Keep (but don't post) a running total Continue marking Round 6 and Sudoku (more markers required) Continue marking Sudoku/judge Mini Game Answers to Round 6 (whilst marking), break/some Mini Game
    6:55pm Collect evaluation forms Post Round 6 and Sudoku results, post final scores Present prizes Announcement of results
    7:00pm [Food/drink continues selling for 10 minutes] Clear all paper off tables Wipe down whiteboard and pack away Dispose of paper and pack away tables Pack away tables Thank everyone for coming! Pack away other equipment
    A few things:

• How will the Hall be decorated (if at all?) Should we set up some sort of Decorations Committee? It'd be nice if the Hall looked pretty!
    • Angela, could I possibly have the floor plan ASAP?
    • For Chris, the shifts at food/drink (you'll need two posts: jelly/cupcakes and soft drinks) are: (4:50-5:20), (5:20-5:40), (5:40-6:00 [the break]), (6:00-6:30), (6:30-6:50) and (6:50-7:10). There is one shift for two people at the door (4:50-5:10).
    • For whoever ends up at the whiteboard, it needs to be set with columns for Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Best Table, Running Total, Famous Faces, Round 4, Round 5, US States, Round 6, Sudoku and (if we run it) the Mini Game.
    • On the topic of the Mini Game, are we having one and what would it be?
    • I decided to add a bit where we hand out evaluation forms. Since this is the first ever SRC Trivia Night and we are planning for next year and seeing which events should be organised for different years, I thought it might be good to get some feedback (we'll also ask what years people on each team were from so that we can see which year groups enjoyed it most, in order to target them in the future). Let me know if you think this is unnecessary/people will be put off, or if you think it's a good idea.
    • Someone should have internet access on the night so we can check disputes to answers of questions.
    • The Food Committee will be making the jelly and some cakes on the day, the jelly will need to set in the fridge for most of the day. Further details will be given in due course.
    • Is this enough food to sell on the night (just jelly and cupcakes)? We could always organise one or two more things to be sold if wanted, although admittedly we don't want the Hall to get too messy... But something healthier might be good. I think we originally wanted to sell sausages since we didn't get to do the Cross Country barbecue this year but that could potentially be very messy.
    • We need quite a few people to help set up the Hall according to Angela's floor plan - which should hopefully not take too long. Some ideas include putting the flag of the country of each team on their allocated table, and to provide them with a small bowl of lollies to keep them happy (like we do at SRC Camp Trivias).
    • Further donations towards the Nepal Sister School will be collected on the night and in roll calls around the date of this event.
    • Someone in the Logistics Committee please make sure everything is printed properly for the night - Answer Sheets (scaffolds for teams to answer on), Answer Sets (what the markers look off to check answers) and Romaan's list of questions.
    • There are issues regarding prizes - many are disagreeing with the idea of a cake for the winner, since we are also selling cupcakes and since cakes don't last. Any ideas?
    • We will need to have access to the projector so we can show the powerpoint! Can someone organise this? (Probably whoever would like to operate the powerpoint on the night).

There are still posts to be filled - let me know if you have specific requests. We will always need more markers and runners.
    What a long post! I should go to bed now. Hopefully you'll have managed to read through most of that and will be able to offer some suggestions. Thanks!

Carlo
    Aliasgher

Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!) Empty Re: Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!)

Post  Aliasgher Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 pm

That's really good Smile

About the nepal thing, do people actually know that's what we're doing this for?
    Carlo

Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!) Empty Re: Trivia Night - Latest Details (Check this please!)

Post  Carlo Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:29 pm

They should know - we announced it as such at assembly and that's what it says on the forms.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 pm

AND OMG. THAT WAS MY 100TH POST. This is a celebratory moment.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:00 pm

woooo! also carlo, do you think we will have enough time to have a minigame? don't you think it woul be better in the extra time or something people could go buy food?

also, when are we making jelly and cupcakes?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Sure, people can go and buy food whenever they want, but we have two breaks which both last about 20 minutes each and I was thinking that some people might get bored of waiting and want to move on? I don't know.

As for jelly and cupcakes, check out the Food Committee thread. I'll talk to the people in this committee tomorrow but it'll all be done on Friday.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 am

Well done good sir. The loyal subjects of Fort Street will be most pleased. My only dilemma with said plan is in correspondence to the amount of the times the questions should be told to the subjects.

Should the questions be written upon the answer parchment or just upon the big screen and read by the town crier?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:33 am

I believe that it would be unsuitable for the said subjects to have questions inscribed upon the answer parchments since this would supply them with unreasonable lengths of time in which to respond to them, thus the questions shall only be projected upon the big screen and read by the town crier.

In regards to the amount of times for the questions, would it be possible for the committee of questions to discuss this issue or experience a trial run of one round? We should then be able to approximate the length of time needed for the subjects.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 am

The required adjustments shall be made.
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:48 am

carlo this is great Smile

i'm up for a mini game if we have time.

also, i dont really think we should hand out surveys about the trivia night. it'll detract from the woo fun times and make it seem more like a experiment you know?

i think we should just run from verbal feedback. get SRC reps to ask their friends etc. what they thought.
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 am

Agreed. Cool. I think that then means we should definitely have a mini game because otherwise people will be left with too much time doing nothing and if people are really bored they might even go home before the end and we wouldn't want that!

...but what mini game?
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:16 am

How about a quiz on their countries?
    Carlo

Post  Carlo Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:34 am

By mini game I was thinking more along the lines of those things we did at camp like substitution, the cup game or pictionary. It doesn't have to be any of those, but something where we get each team to have a volunteer who then compete against the other volunteers was the sort of thing I had in mind. Some sort of activity where the teams could compete more directly against each other than just by answering questions. But sure, it could be based on their team's country somehow.
    koolkat
    koolkat

Post  koolkat Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:40 am

Force them to do something synomous with their country?

E.G. USA - Eat 10 hotdogs in a minute.
    Vish

Post  Vish Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 am

I reckon if we can fit it in we should do the mini game where you had to balance the cup on your forehead except put a time limit to do it with 30 seconds and you get x number of points and every 10 seconds longer you take you get subtracted x number of points. But to make it less time consuming if you take longer than a minute then you have to stop altogether and you get no points at all.
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:58 am

we should do some group activity similar to cops and robbers or something where they have to work as a team.
    charizard

Post  charizard Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 am

hey Carlo, you're superman! Smile
    and also, I agree with poppy that we shouldnt hand out surveys or anything. it'd be the ultimate killjoy. and I reckon substitution would be an awsome minigame to play! everyone loves substitution and it's easy to slot in and out, incase there is too little or time much spare time.
    also, I think with the food, we should have like src members dressed up as fun things, going around with food on platters throughout the night. we'll definitely sell more and it'll also decrease the unemployment level that the src members will have on the night. cos we are including all old and new src on the rosters right?

veronicaa

Post  veronicaa Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:35 am

PICTIONARY! Very Happy
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 am

I like the idea of doing something like substitution, but instead we could have one member from each team go up to the board and draw the song, rather than sing it. So like pictionary and substition mixed together.
    Harriet

Post  Harriet Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 am

Hey can I be the person who writes the scores on the white board?

Also about food, if people donate fruit and/or jars I will make jars of dehydrated fruit to sell.
    yunalee

Post  yunalee Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 am

hey gaizz, what about the games in talkin' 'bou your generation where you have to guess the 3 famous people who are all morphed into one. like the eyes are ___, hair _____ etc.
    or the celebrity heads game except you have words you can't say when you are trying to guess who the celebrity is.

and more tayg games:)
    Vish

Post  Vish Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:05 am

i reckon it would be better if jaemin could get like a picture of the person we are doing but it is pixelated and you also get some clues and then at the end we can un pixelate it.
    POPPY!

Post  POPPY! Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:08 am

woohoo. im loving these games. although idk, i think substitution (thats the singing one yes?) but be a bit scary for some people especially when you're singing infront of like 70 people. unless we just got charmaine to sing all of them and everyone else just guesses. that would be sweet.

otherwise im going for talkin 'bout your generation
    Smile
    crystal

Post  crystal Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 am

I agree with Poppy. Although the singing could be good fun some teams might not want to sing especially infront of everyone.
    Leya Reid

Post  Leya Reid Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi guyzzz. I hassled one of the year 8 groups into filling in a form and they're going to hand it in tomorrow. Don't worry, it's all willing and I wasn't being too rude

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm